Thread: Videos files on the FTP

Exclamation Videos files on the FTP

Hey guys (and Girls)

I’ve just been digging through the FTP server and notice that there‘s a lot of video files (in the video directory) with non-descript file names.

I think it would be a benefit to all that for any one posting videos, or any files for that matter, could you either use descriptive file names or at least create a sub-directory in the appropriate directory with a descriptive name, and then put all your files in that directory.

Better yet, create a directory as above then create a text file with all the details of the videos and a description of what the videos are about, and then place that in the same directory.

I’m interested in knowing what the video files are but I don’t want to waste my time or my download quota just to find out there of something I didn’t care to see!

Troy
    RTI Piko RGB 4 Projector
    CT6215 Scanners & CT 671 Amps; CT6210 & Medialas Microamps.
    RGBLaser Systems 6000mW RGB Module - 638nm/445nm/532
    LD2000 Pro + QM2000.net + Beyond
    Etherdream + LSX

Old Projector Build

Quote Originally Posted by loopee View Post
    Hey guys (and Girls)

I’ve just been digging through the FTP server and notice that there‘s a lot of video files (in the video directory) with non-descript file names.

I think it would be a benefit to all that for any one posting videos, or any files for that matter, could you either use descriptive file names or at least create a sub-directory in the appropriate directory with a descriptive name, and then put all your files in that directory.

Better yet, create a directory as above then create a text file with all the details of the videos and a description of what the videos are about, and then place that in the same directory.

I’m interested in knowing what the video files are but I don’t want to waste my time or my download quota just to find out there of something I didn’t care to see!

Troy
    Thats all my fault.
    Some time ago there were problems with the FTP server.
    Someone deleted alot of files and put a virus on the server.

I uploaded my complete laserdirectory to the ftp because i had a complete backup of cruch's server.
    Alot of my collected content (from laserfreaks forums) was also in that directory.
    I can delete and/or change the files.
    The only problem i have.... i don't know exactly the discription of the movies. (the MOV are almost all german laserfreakmeeting video's)