Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Home made Diode driver for DVD diodes?

Cool

As andrew pointed out, a diode from a 4X burner is probably not going to be all that bright. But you can still have some fun with it. I would suggest running that diode at around 40 milliamps to start.

Aixiz sells a module that will hold this diode. It has an adjustable lens that will allow you to get a fairly decent beam. They are also very affordable - around $5 or so. I checked their website, but they don't seem to have the modules listed at the moment. I know they sell on E-bay a lot though, so perhaps you can check there. Hopefully someone else will reply here with more information about these modules.

Adam

Cool

No, not exactly. That auction has a diode already mounted into the module. (A fairly low power diode at that.) While you could buy that one and then take the diode out and replace it with your unit, that's extra work (and expense) that you don't need.

This auction is selling the bare (empty) modules. Unfortunately, it's for a lot of 10 modules, and you only need 1 of them. But this is what you need.

Adam

Lightbulb

We got someone selling individual modules here. PL Coupon = PL10OFF