Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: trance energy

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Hmmm... Holland eh?

Somehow I don't think my wife would be too keen on me visiting Holland twice in one year... She might think I was up to no good

Jem
    Take her with you!

Somehow I don't think you're going to see Hugo outside Holland. I've never heard of an international show hes done yet, although I'm not saying he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Take her with you!

Somehow I don't think you're going to see Hugo outside Holland. I've never heard of an international show hes done yet, although I'm not saying he doesn't.
    I'm still considering going to the ILDA conference and I believe that hugo has some involvement with that, so that may be sufficient to satisfy my needs
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Awakenings Area 2 (I'm operating):

- 480 LED pars in pixelmapping-matrix setup as ceiling above the audience (7 universes of DMX, so almost 3500 channels)
    - Lots of video-screens

So.. One area filled with synced video/light/matrix-setup, will be blasting!

Default re

hiya everyone

just booked my ticket for this one and am really looking forward to it. i know its a real long shot but im wondering if anyone knows hugo personally and could get me to meet him and see how he runs his shows.

like i say i know its a long shot but i absolutly love his work and would love to ask him some questions

cheers ollie

also to see how the lighting engineers work would be good too as the whole show at this thing looks amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKXwSoyzNCs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXZSXA0VnHw
    heres the same video from a different perspective
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siuth...eature=related
    this is tiestos intro http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twyfUeLT1MQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-8rG...eature=related

just a few videos from previous years. theres one that i first saw with a time tunnel but i cant find it now. it looked so superb

cheers ollie
    2 x 10w full colour laser systems
    2 x 4w full colour laser systems
    2 x 3w full colour laser systems
    1 450mw pinkem rgb 30k scanner
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    4 x 1 watt blue 445nm laser systems
    3 watt rgb .

I'm running the LED-show (will be MASSIVE!!!!) in the High Contrast area of Trance Energy with Rank 1, Jochen Miller, Judge Jules, etc.

If anyone is going and would like to meet, send me PM.

Default re

i am and would love to mate. if i could come see u running the show that would be amazing

i cant wait for it fella

cheers ollie
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    3 watt rgb .

Quote Originally Posted by oliverst14@hotmail.com View Post
    i am and would love to mate. if i could come see u running the show that would be amazing
    Just to be clear: I'm not running a lasershow at the High Contrast stage, I'm not even sure if there are lasers on that stage (well.. there SHOULD be lasers). I'm running a massive matrix of LED-parcans controlled by DMX there.

You're welcome to visit me at the control-deck at the back of the High Contrast area, just ask for Jeroen.

Default re

yes i know. i love all lighting. just love lasers a little more. im buying all kinds of dmx effects at the moment to start a lighting engineering company.
    if there is anyone running the lasers at this on here please get in touch as id love to meet u and see how you run the show.

thanks alot Jeroen

ollie
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    3 watt rgb .

Quote Originally Posted by JeroenVDV View Post
    Just to be clear: I'm not running a lasershow at the High Contrast stage, I'm not even sure if there are lasers on that stage (well.. there SHOULD be lasers). I'm running a massive matrix of LED-parcans controlled by DMX there.

You're welcome to visit me at the control-deck at the back of the High Contrast area, just ask for Jeroen.
    What are you controlling the parcans with mind me asking?
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Quote Originally Posted by oliverst14@hotmail.com View Post
    does anyone know who does the laser shows for trance energy? they look amazing and im hoping for it to be hugo as im planning on goin this

cheers ollie
    I'm going there as well. The last few years (this will be my fifth visit to TE ) i always saw 'laser-image' jackets running around at the control area.. so it'll probably be Hugo :d I must say the lasers at TE never really impressed me.. except for the hard-stage at 2005:

Here another shot.

They were lasering against a wall of mirrorballs.. that was one of the most impressive things i've ever seen

But for the rest.. I always get frustrated about how lightning, and lasers in particular never really have got anything to do with the music. One should create an environment representing the episodes in music.. during a break, make subtle movements with a colorful lasersky.. and when the beat kicks back in, make the beams rock like a well practiced dancer. Or at least do something synchronized to the beat.. not just a static fan with the scanrate turned up and down

ok i'll stop now

Someone on PL who will be working over there?
    Last edited by SideFX; 03-05-2009 at 12:47.