Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Laser Show in a Cave in Texas! Ohhh Yeahhh....

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    I merely meant to suppliment a bit of the difference between the I90 and SP168. I was thinking of 10 to 20 of the 400 watt ones would assist a bit, not much but... just for thought. Remember I am the dumb one who says the stupid things that come to mind, just in case one of them is worth a shitte.
    I was just razzin ya dog. Actually I never knew (i never studied them) TEC's came in 400 watts so 10 would be 4000 watts, thats pretty impressive. how much would 4kw tecs cost?
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserWizard View Post
    I'll turn the laser down if I have to - the show must go on! It seemed about 60° F when I visited the cave. - Tim
    In theory you cant change the ambient temp with your laser. (the volume is replaced rapidly if it is large enough) I know that here in oregon, caves stay the same temperature year around about 45 degrees. TIM, DUCK!!! Dont get bit by a frikkin bat!
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

I have a 437 watt one from a CPU TEC/water block. I of course got it off eBay a couple of years ago for $50. This one is from one eBay seller that I have seen selling them forever.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Awesome-400W-The...1%7C240%3A1318

Buy it now $15... $9 to ship... O well, no one's perfect. I guess it could be cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by eBay seller
    Please Note: If you are using TEC’s in your product or if you use large numbers of these devices we can be of help. We offer more than 40 different models with discount pricing for large quantity purchasers. If you would like our complete product listing or a price quote for large quantity purchases please contact us at ..

I have a 437 watt one from a CPU TEC/water block. I of course got it off eBay a couple of years ago for $50. This one is from one eBay seller that I have seen selling them forever.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Awesome-400W-The...1%7C240%3A1318

Buy it now $15... $9 to ship... O well, no one's perfect. I guess it could be cheaper.
    hey allthat...now I know I have been hittin the juice all night but let me get this straight...to dissipate 400 watts it is 15 volts at 26 amps not milliamps...AMPS right????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Wink

Um, yea... I didn't say it was cheap cooling.

Um, yea... I didn't say it was cheap cooling.
    no it wasnt the price...it was the current - a 168 only draws about 50 amps. I sort of found it ironic using tecs that take 50 amps to cool 800 watts. That leaves 12,000 more to deal with I guess that is why they water cool these lasers Now Im no expert (however I do play one on forums) but that dosnt sound like a good solution my friend

TIM DUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!A BAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    hey allthat...now I know I have been hittin the juice all night but let me get this straight...to dissipate 400 watts it is 15 volts at 26 amps not milliamps...AMPS right????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????
    AMPS is correct! Take a look at these little guys: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ight=thermotek I think you could do a TEC cooler for an argon, but you would get a much better bang for your buck (and watt) with a compressor unit...

But then again it will still probably end up looking like this...
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    TIM DUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!A BAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Heh - just let Tim borrow your 'Bat-Blastin' Cave-Chillin' KTPups!!'

(...sorry Tim... couldn't resist this small 'threadjack'... -

...But yeah, I have a feeling - as cool (oh, sorry... an idea as it is, even a small-frame ion would prolly eat a 'TEC-pak' for lunch... Even-if you could-achieve 12-13kW+ dissipation, I'd be *blown-away* if they could maintain the needed-cooling, especially in a situation (un-like a cave) where ambient-temp would-be an issue (ie: club or small-shop, basement, etc...) - and at that-point (current-draw-
    wise)
    you might just-as-well use an HX-300 or 500, etc... (an actual chiller) - but, very-cool, (oh, sorry, again...) Tim, that you use a water-air HE-solution...

Seeing as how we've hopelessly-derailed your nice 'Cave-thread', here ...Mind sharing pix of your 'HE-rig'??

ciao
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Heh - just let Tim borrow your 'Bat-Blastin' Cave-Chillin' KTPups!!'

(...sorry Tim... couldn't resist this small 'threadjack'... -

...But yeah, I have a feeling - as cool (oh, sorry... an idea as it is, even a small-frame ion would prolly eat a 'TEC-pak' for lunch... Even-if you could-achieve 12-13kW+ dissipation, I'd be *blown-away* if they could maintain the needed-cooling, especially in a situation (un-like a cave) where ambient-temp would-be an issue (ie: club or small-shop, basement, etc...) - and at that-point (current-draw-
    wise)
    you might just-as-well use an HX-300 or 500, etc... (an actual chiller) - but, very-cool, (oh, sorry, again...) Tim, that you use a water-air HE-solution...

Seeing as how we've hopelessly-derailed your nice 'Cave-thread', here ...Mind sharing pix of your 'HE-rig'??

ciao
    j
    NAHHHHH we havent hijaked his cave thread, we have contributed to its evolution.

TIM DUCK!!!! MORE BATS!!!!!!!

JON- (as said in his best chris crocker voice) LEAVE MY PUPPIES ALONE!!!!
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Mande and I will be there! Can't wait to hang out, it's been a while.