Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Penny Vs. Big Scary Laser.....

Default I have IR cameras

I have Cameras that you can see IR just fine if you want to pick one up, or I can leave the ir filter in... But you still would need a recording device.

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstorm View Post
    As I said.. matchbox car!

Would be good fun..

One question - how the F(*&# does that camera not completely crap out with the amount of iR that beast is chucking out?
    Will do. It's now on the list of things to obliterate. Not in the house though, melting plastic stinks.

It's a good camera. It has a built in IR filter.

Quote Originally Posted by heruursciences View Post
    Be careful Copper and it's oxide reflect a lot of that IR energy. The reason the camera didn't crap on ya is that it has an internal IR reject filter inside.
    You bet. I've actually made IR mirrors out of polished copper pennies. I have OD-5 @ 808nm goggles and am still careful of the angles of the penny.

I don't know how patriotic you are, but in some countries destroying physical money is considered a serious crime. It is seen as an act of sever disrespect to country.

On the other hand, it might just be the only way to fight inflation these days.

Quote Originally Posted by -bart- View Post
    I don't know how patriotic you are, but in some countries destroying physical money is considered a serious crime. It is seen as an act of sever disrespect to country.

On the other hand, it might just be the only way to fight inflation these days.
    Yeah, you guys got pot and prostitution. We are allowed to destroy a penny here and there. Gotta get my jolly's somehow.

I have extreme respect for my country. I just hate the people running it.

can you try a .22 long rifle cartridge? Or a .38 Cal? JUst dont burn a dollar it is only worth a penny.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    can you try a .22 long rifle cartridge? Or a .38 Cal? JUst dont burn a dollar it is only worth a penny.
    HA! I'm going for the .50 cal!

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    Yeah, you guys got pot and prostitution.
    Ha, we only have that because it is seems easier to regulate coffee shops and prostitution than fight the crime if it's illegal - you know 'our' prostitutes pay tax

Quote Originally Posted by Zoof View Post
    Ha, we only have that because it is seems easier to regulate coffee shops and prostitution than fight the crime if it's illegal - you know 'our' prostitutes pay tax
    I completely agree! I'm just razzin you guys.

I believe that defacing or destroying US *coin* currency is only a crime if they can prove that your intent was fraud or deceit. I think the statute for paper money does not have that stipulation. (This google answers post seems to affirm that, anyway.)

In both cases, however, the presiding judge has the ability to set the fine - if any. So in this case, I think he'd be willing to cut a laser hobbyist some slack!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    Yeah, you guys got pot and prostitution.
    You say that like it's a bad thing ;-)

I'd like to put a vote in for some dry sand. Can you make glass?