Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: ILD SÔS - Ilda Manupulation Tool Now Available

Hi DJLMC, sorry about the wait. Tonight I was able to process your order and send a download link. Feel free to email back with any questions.

2 drlava: Thx

Can you help me out with some questions? I made an animation in 3ds max, exported to DXF, then using ILD SOS to export to ILDA. I have 1W RGB 40kps laser. I connected via iShow (that is really sh*t...) and also tried cheap SD Card ILDA player. Problem is with speed. When I try to slowly animate some official logo (for example Shell) - or just export logo without any animation - I export it with ILD SOS and there is a result that it is 20fps, no lag (I config it for 40kps - both DAC rate and scan speed). With this export, it shows image correctly without any deformation, but there is a lot of blinking. The problem is that laser is very loud with it initial animation, but very quite with logo animation - it seems like it does not try enough to draw... I need to buy another SD card reader that supports higher speed (20 is max with my actual), but i need to know if it helps.

I would like to ask
    1) is 40kps speed of laser and reader enough to play simple colour logo animations without deforming original image (we need to show logo exactly how it is)
    2) due to my english, I dont understand the difference between DAC rate and Scan speed - should it be same number in ILD SOS than I export?
    3) I export with settings on picture - is where any way how to make laser draw faster without blinking so much with preserving the detail or I just have to lower the quality?

Thank you, I hope you understand my questions

Default logp

i it would be hard to comment on info supplied
    not seeing how complex your logo animation is
    your projector sounds if it will do the job but if you sd player is limited to 20kps then that will be a problem, can you post a link to it so we can see the specs of it ?
    if your logo animation is complex then that could also be a problem ,could you post a pic of it ?
    as for dac rate and scan speed , scan speed is the kps that your projector is rated at,in your case 40kps, but you really should not go much above 30kps or your scan set will get stressed,depending on how wide you scan your logo.
    dac rate is the max output speed of your dac ie pangolin fb3 30kps, or riya multibus 50kps.
    if your laser is making loud noise on your animation then you are stressing your scan set and you need to stop doing that now or you will kill the galvos !!!!
    try reducing the scan angle i (x any y size ,scale) that should make it quieter,

post more info and we will see what we can do
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Thank you very much for reply.
    I recorded video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--46QLxYLuU

Original DXF from 3ds Max (+Illustrate). Edited in ILD SOS.
    Camera does not have so slow shutter so on video, results are little slower!

Tested with iShow and SD Card ILDA Player (Lanling). With SD Card Player, you can set speed in the config file - not sure that it really supports faster speed (40kpps), it plays file faster, but more dots and still blinking. It is tested on SpaceLas, RGB, 1W, 40kpss speed.

I exported to ILDA v0 with Pangolin colors (palette not included) to iShow, ti ILDA v0 ILDA color palette (included) for SD Card ILDA Player.

Does colors affect the speed?

I uploaded original DXF files, so you can try it on your own.
    http://www.vision5.cz/shelllogo.zip

The main problem is blinking, there is no "steady" picture like with factory ilda files.

Thank you for any advice

The dotted lines when using the iShow software cannot be removed by optimizing the ILDA frame. It is a bug in the iShow software causing that. The same ILDA files, when displayed using the iShow DAC but using Spaghetti will not display the dotted lines.

Quote Originally Posted by djlmc View Post
    Thank you very much for reply.
    Does colors affect the speed?

I uploaded original DXF files, so you can try it on your own.
    http://www.vision5.cz/shelllogo.zip

The main problem is blinking, there is no "steady" picture like with factory ilda files.

Thank you for any advice
    You set your target to 20fps... Set it to at least 30fps... The laser has no persistence so anything under 30 will flicker. Anything over 60fps will be seamless.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by djlmc View Post
    Hello, does anyone have an experience with buying ILD SOS? My friend have bought it a week ago and the author does not answering messages and he still did not get the sotware. Is it digital download or delivered CD? Thank you for information
    In my opinion its a wast of money dont bother........
    Photonlexicon FTP Server.

Quote Originally Posted by tony220171 View Post
    In my opinion its a wast of money dont bother........
    I asked you specific support questions but you refused to answer, only demanding that I draw the art for you! Sorry but I can't do that every time.

I nthought his issue was that the license was per machine, and that he couldn't transfer it to his new PC? Or does he have multiple issues?
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

That part got worked out, he also had the older version of the software. After updating to the new version with SVG support I got a PM
    "I followed the instructions and cant get it to work can you help me with the logo please. "

So I asked what he tried and how far he got. Next thing that happens is he posts that above. ??

It's hard to help someone when that is the kind of feedback you get. Like in Jerry Macguire.. 'Help ME help YOU.. help MEE help YOUUU'

Which means, in this case, you need to provide the answer to my support questions so I can continue to help you.