Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: ILD SÔS - Ilda Manupulation Tool Now Available

Yes, OldGrumpy has now added ilda V4/5 (true color) and 2 (embedded palette) loading capability to mamba he just hadn't updated the demo yet.

Default Using Inkscape with ILD SOS

Inkscape is an excellent free vector editor with powerful raster to vector conversion, hand tracing and curve smoothing capabilities. There are situations where the raster to vector tool is best, and others (such as line drawings, ironically) where tracing works best to prevent double-lines.

-download and unzip the attached files into the Inkscape\share\extensions directory. Replace simpletransform.py.
    -run inkscape
    -after you have traced or created your vector image, set the stroke colors to the solid colors that you desire for your laser display.
    -Select Effects, Modify Path, Flatten Beziers. And choose a flatness of about 2.5 or so.
    -Do File, SaveAs, choose 'Better DXF Output' and place it in a folder by itself.

Now, load the DXF folder with ILD SOS and perform data reduction and optimization as usual. Some times it helps to reduce points further to run the file through ILD SOS twice by saving as ild after optimization and re-loading that ild file.

Enjoy!

EDIT: oh and the user manual has been updated on the site.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by drlava; 05-14-2009 at 12:43.

Angry

I updated to the latest version but it does not even start anymore (like the .exe you sent me for testing some days ago).

Any error messages? Try renaming the install folder so that it doesn't contain the character over the O in SOS.
    I just sent out an update, I'll see if anyone else has trouble and maybe that will lend a clue to what's going on with your computer. I have tested it on all my computers and it's been fine.

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    Any error messages? Try renaming the install folder so that it doesn't contain the character over the O in SOS.
    No messages. And I already installed to \ILD SOS on the very first install. No special characters used.
    It just wont run anymore. Please send me the previous version.

Ive recently started getting this weird error message from the script for better dxf output:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Program Files\Inkscape\share\extensions\better_dxf_outline s.py", line 153, in <module>

e.affect()

File "C:\Program Files\Inkscape\share\extensions\inkex.py", line 154, in affect

self.effect()

File "C:\Program Files\Inkscape\share\extensions\better_dxf_outline s.py", line 139, in effect

m = simpletransform.parseTransform(t)

File "C:\Program Files\Inkscape\share\extensions\simpletransform.py ", line 73, in parseTransform

return(parseTransform(transf[result.end():],matrix))

File "C:\Program Files\Inkscape\share\extensions\simpletransform.py ", line 32, in parseTransform

if result.group(1)=="translate":

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'

Am i doing something wrong? its all saved in an empty folder with the beziers flattened etc,
    I'm trying to trace the batman logo to the better DXF output, and then turn it into a .ILD with ild_sos

Cheers, Tom

Sounds like something has changed in your inkscape installation. Try to remember what you did just before this started happening, perhaps you installed another inkscape plugin? If you can't think of anything, try copying the contents of better_dxf_color.zip into the extensions folder again. If that doesn't work, try uninstalling and re-installing inkscape.

By the way the error particular to decix was resolved a while ago.

cheers for that, i just re-installed inkscape and re-pasted the plugins... all seems fine! i cant remember what i did to break it, but at least its fixable

Tom

ILD SOS 1.2.08 released to users:

scaling to 200%
    shifting preview location
    improvements in point placement tuning at corners
    better dot preservation

It won't start anymore...
    Already had that problem in the past, you solved that somehow.