Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Internal Server Errors

A kid just rode down the street being chased by the dog next door and crashed it a telegraph pole. (im sorry, i think it was really funny,maybe you had to be here)

I am sure this is the reason for any server flakeyness.

Okay .... got to go better see if this kid is alright.

Quote Originally Posted by zerowaitstate View Post
    A kid just rode down the street being chased by the dog next door and crashed it a telegraph pole. (im sorry, i think it was really funny,maybe you had to be here)

I am sure this is the reason for any server flakeyness.

Okay .... got to go better see if this kid is alright.
    Just an update the child is ok.

I apologize for my sense of humor if Ive offended any one.

On the server front, if you have access you can check the event logs if your running MS solution, you should be able to get more details info on th ecause of the fault from IIS.

PS i also have some funky Anime graphics that you can use to customize the error pages, good for providing additional info over and above the standard 404 messages etc.

PM if you want me to send them to you.

Default My new database error (and it logged me out)

Database error The database has encountered a problem. Please try the following:
    • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
    • Open the www.photonlexicon.com home page, then try to open another page.
    • Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.photonlexicon.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.
    We apologise for any inconvenience.
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sugeek View Post
    That looks like SPAM. I don't see our generous benefactor apologizing for anything...
    Last edited by allthatwhichis; 03-15-2009 at 11:49.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Default It might be you and me not only the server...

Quote Originally Posted by sugeek View Post
    Database error The database has encountered a problem. Please try the following:
    • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
    • Open the www.photonlexicon.com home page, then try to open another page.
    • Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.photonlexicon.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.
    Okay, I figured I might add a few details (and I had an idea as to what this error is). This is a guess, an idea, etc.... The last time this error occurred was when I clicked the new posts link, this time the same thing, this error did not occur it seems until I requested a link be added at the bottom of the threads (so indirectly maybe my fault but not on purpose I promise), I am getting there... Here finally to the guess, the database error made me think through things:

1. a user must be logged in to use the new posts button
    2. if each user is logged in the new posts php page must make a database query to determine which pages a user has visited.
    3. If the page is to determine if a page has been visited it requires an entry into the database.
    4. assuming this entry will not occur instantly (it needs processor time, and time to complete the database transaction)
    5. IF #4 is true and said user click the new posts button either a. everything is cool and it may be a bit out of date (so one thread says you didn't read it so what), b. things load correctly, c. The search pages queries: Select * from POSTS where USER = 'foo' and HASREADTHREAD = 0... (I don't know the BB database or I could do better) and results in a database error or an error out on the PHP page.

EASY SOLUTION: We all need to quit clickin' so fast!
    Real solution: call us a bunch of whiners and cluebyfour us

-Adam
    Last edited by sugeek; 03-13-2009 at 20:08. Reason: sorry #5 was missing the last bit got carried away in SQL
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I just got it on every thread I tried to access at 0700 GMT (noon eastern)
    for 12 attempts Steve
    Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@photonlexicon.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

how are sessions stored? server variables or database?

if its database then that may be what is causing the error...

in other words, turn OFF the sql sessions option in vBulletin
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@photonlexicon.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I was reading this thread and clicked "New Posts". I got the error below.
    I clicked "Back" on my browser. I got the error below.
    I tried to go to the Forums using: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums . I got the error below.
    I went to http://www.photonlexicon.com and selected "Forums" and everything worked fine...

-----------------------------------------------------

Internal Server Error

I'm still working on this, I really am.

I think I may have tracked down this nasty intermittent bug to a couple hooks in the core vbulletin software with how it specifically deals with hooks...

Recursion makes shit like this terribly painful to deal with.

Hopefully I'll have this wiped out in the next couple of days.