Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Laserworld

There is actually another possibility here that no-one has considered. I'm not in any way alledging this is what is happening, just saying that its a possibility if projectors are allegedly being supplied underpowered, and that is they have a dishonest techie who's running the classic stock scam unbeknown to the bosses.

The stock scam works like this:

The techie has an outside friend who is a module reseller or OEM manufacturer.

The friend puts in orders for low powered modules. The techie then substitutes the friends low power modules in projectors ordered by the companies customers and supplies the high powered modules destined to go into the projectors to his friend. So far as the company are concerned, everything is in order as the books balance. 2 laser modules were ordered (1 as a part of the projector), 1 high power, 1 low power. 2 laser modules were paid for, 1 low power and 1 high power, and 2 were removed from stock, so all the companies books balance on both payments and stock.

However, the companies projector customers are then getting underpowered projectors but the techie knows that 99% of projector customers are home users / mobile discos who have no access to power meters or the knowledge to use them so complaints will be few and far between and can be explained as awkward customers.

His friend who receives the high power modules having only paid for low, then resells them for great profit and shares the profits with the techie.

Result is companies customers get ripped off. The techie and his friend make loads of profit through paying for low powered modules but getting high and the company themselves know nothing about it because the books, payments and stock balance perfectly.
    Last edited by White-Light; 03-19-2009 at 01:04.

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

The friend puts in orders for low powered modules. The techie then substitutes the friends low power modules in projectors ordered by the companies customers and supplies the high powered modules destined to go into the projectors to his friend. So far as the company are concerned, everything is in order as the books balance. 2 laser modules were ordered (1 as a part of the projector), 1 high power, 1 low power. 2 laser modules were paid for, 1 low power and 1 high power, and 2 were removed from stock, so all the companies books balance on both payments and stock.

end quote.
    I think as of tomarrow, after reading this, Laserworld's bosses will own a power meter, if they are not in on it.

I see we have no more posts from our one post wonders......

Steve

Maybe someone should find the email address(es) of Laserworld's bosses and send them a link to this thread...

Unfortunately, the "bosses" know EXACTLY what is going on. And while, "white light" i applaud your search for a more innocent explanation, it just doesnt exist here.

Here is pretty much the bottom line in my opinion...

Laserworld has been selling ALOT of lasers for some time now. They began to get greedy and an atitude of, "our shit dont stink!" they operated on the more "dishonest" side of business practices. They geared their systems to more of the mobile dj, bar owner and "everyday joe" type of customer. Well, they started to get too big and too dishonest for their own good. Their systems began to sell to people who actually had knowledge of laser technology. Peoplebegan to purchase their systems who actually owned power meters. Well, whats happening now is more and more and more and more people are starting to realize, SHIT...i bought one of those too. People are investigating their products and realizing they too are among the 'cheated.'

Gred and dishonesty ALWAYS lose in the long run! People will ALWAYS catch on to you. No matter how hard you try to bullshit your way out of something the fact remains the same....

You cheated people, you got caught and now its time to man up and own up to your past!!!

Welcome to the wonderful world of karma!

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Thumbs down I have had a moment to produce feelings for this now...

Quote Originally Posted by laserworld-ag View Post
    Hello, my name is Peter and I work at Laserworld AG...

It is always quite interesting how measurements are done in forums like these, especially if it is about competitors products.
    I won't comment on these specific measurements. I have seen many of those, and they always follow the same routine. In fact the images look as if one "lab" and setup was cloned from the other. This makes it easier to comment on such measurements in general.
    Hi Peter; don't worry, we all have flaws...

I think this statement is actually a bit insulting to many of us, especially if we have purchased a laser from Marc specifically. Makes me feel like you are calling us dumbasses or something. Since obviously we buy lasers from someone who doesn't know how to measure lasers...

We must also be a bunch of idiots here, on one of "these forums"; the President of ILDA, the CEO and creator of the standard in laser show controller hardware and software, and many of the pioneers of the laser show industry included... bunch of dumbass idiots us.

It is statements like the one(s) you make that could start a small movement. I bet it wouldn't take much to help you finish digging the hole you have already been digging and rid the industry of your shitte. It is amazing you are still around as it is, but we are all n00bs and newbies once. We could make an interesting raffle for one of your 1/3 power units. I foresee an interesting conversation at the pre-dinner tomorrow night. I am sure many of us don't do enough public service as it is; thank you for the opportunity.

Hi Peter; welcome to LaserWorld Anonymous.

Quote Originally Posted by trwalters001 View Post
    Maybe someone should find the email address(es) of Laserworld's bosses and send them a link to this thread...

I have it.
    If somebody needs this email address, then PM me.
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

Default who's who

My name is not Peter,
    And I don't work for laserworld.

Whilst agreeing with marcs tests and many of his comments, who is this peter? Does he work for laserworld? Think we need some form of verification here. I know that there is a Peter at Laserworld, but this does not look like his style from my previous mails.

No one knows that your a dog on the internet: )

Cheers
    Peter aka
    Lexat8
    Last edited by laserworld-ag2; 03-19-2009 at 15:15. Reason: please kill this user id admin :)

Quote Originally Posted by laserworld-ag2 View Post
    My name is not Peter,
    And I don't work for laserworld.
    Why do you use the username laserworld-ag2 then?

Default re

i like white lights explanation of what he thinks is going on cause its a really well thought out scam.

might have to try it sometime.

just jokin by the way but it does sound like a real possibility.

i dont think this is happening though but i love the idea of it with some techie running round like a full on operation ripping people off. i love it

cheers everyone

ollie
    2 x 10w full colour laser systems
    2 x 4w full colour laser systems
    2 x 3w full colour laser systems
    1 450mw pinkem rgb 30k scanner
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    4 x 1 watt blue 445nm laser systems
    3 watt rgb .