Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You are ALL jealous ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by keeperx View Post
    See.. your SOOOOO jealous you have to try to one up me....
    Actually, I think you are envious (not jealous, btw), because we saw it first!

But yeah, it should be a cool show - and with a live band, that ought to be even better. Have a good time, and be sure to thank Ryan...

Tell him if he brings that show back to either South Carolina or Florida, I'll be there again!

Adam

Im envious of anyone with white light at this point.. i have NEVER seen RGB in person...
    Cherry/pop ...
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group

Cool

Huh? You've never seen RGB? I thought you went to Jame's place at least once? You didn't see his RGB rig then? (At SELEM 2008 he had a HeNe and 60X rig with a PCAOM...)

But yeah, the show you're going to see will have multiple watts of RGB. That's a whole 'nother level of cool! Enjoy the show dude...

Adam

never been to James place...

Cool

Oh... Hmmm. Thought you had said you had been there. Oh well, then you are certainly in for a treat. Your first RGB show is going to be a big one!

Adam

Laser Warning The show must go on...

Hey All,

A great show it was again although, booked into a much smaller theater. Ryan was unable to give Keeperx and I the nickel tour because of possibly being fined by the NYC stage hands union. At least we got to talk to Ryan before the show about the equipment he was using. It seems Mike Dunn did most of the laser art for the show and I now know where DZ got his avatar. Keeperx, DjDevNull and friends took in Times Square after the show. A good time was had by all.

P.S. AJ Seabeck was there as well for those that know him from ILDA.

Mark

I will post pics on the LBF tonight..

here is a copy of my review from the LBF

Well I just got back from NY:NY yesterday afternoon and boy are my feet tired...

Time square is amazing and i picked up some great one liners just listening to conversations as i walked around.

We arrived early and ate at this little Italian restaurant off Broadway, i had the Greek salad and it was AMAZING ! !

Mark and I hung out in the Square for a bit and then headed down to the Nokia Theater.

Ryan Waters met up with us inside and we chatted a bit about Lasers, ILDA, the NY theater unions and so on in that fashion.

--------------------------------------------------
    The show started out strong but I was quick to form opinions about what parts i liked and which ones i did not.

For the most part it was entertaining and kept my attention however i have some complaints so lets get them out of the way first.

The intelligent lighting was overused and it washed out the RGB aerials most of the time they were on.

The crowd scanning effect which consisted of 2 disco balls, one at each corner of the stage, was prety but hurt my eyes...

The imagery was often to literal, Mike Dun is an exceptional artist, but sometimes i want to use my imagination.

The fat beams were too fat for my taste.

ok now that im done complaining lets get to the good stuff.

I Love Pink Floyd and the sound system was great so i got to experience it. Lots of low and clear mids and highs.

The aerial fat beams were BIG and very bright.. he had an argon going through one of those Mischita gratings and that was a pretty cool effect.

there is never enough red but the reds were pretty good in the graphics and aerials.

The video projectors, which were setup to cover the entire back of the stage, were a great addition to to the lasers and did not take anything away from them (like the often too bright intelligent lighting).

The aerial purelight was amazing when the lights were out..
    My favorite song was one of these days (the last song)
    here is a video of that from the Chicago show.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9F41ADgrxM
    The reason i liked that one was because of the RGB in the beginning of the song when the rest of the lights were out. It just swings back and forth in time to the music streaking rgb bands behind it and it looked awesome in person. I have a bunch of pics to be posted later tonight.
    source:http://akrobiz.com/laserboy/forum/in...16.msg904.html

Thats where the pics will be tonight.
    Last edited by keeperx; 03-23-2009 at 11:39.

pics are up..

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by keeperx View Post
    pics are up..
    only comment to that is you will have a hard time finding high power blue/green lasers that do not have fat beams.

Glad you enjoyed the show.

Steve