Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In Car Entertainment Sound Systems

yes but the power cable needs to go to the engine compartment at some point..

This is usualy done by drilling a hole in the firewall and using a rubber grommet

http://www.caraudiohelp.com/how_to_i..._a_car_amp.htm

in your case the amp IS ALSO the speaker..

also DO NOT FORGET ABOUT THE FUSE ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
    put it inthe engine compartment somewhere close to the battery.. like in the wiring diagram above.,
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group

Quote Originally Posted by keeperx View Post
    yes but the power cable needs to go to the engine compartment at some point..

This is usualy done by drilling a hole in the firewall and using a rubber grommet

http://www.caraudiohelp.com/how_to_i..._a_car_amp.htm

in your case the amp IS ALSO the speaker..

also DO NOT FORGET ABOUT THE FUSE ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
    put it inthe engine compartment somewhere close to the battery.. like in the wiring diagram above.,
    Ahh! Drilling holes in cars, that would hurt me more than the car :O

Maybe it would be an idea to buy from halfords and use their in store fitting? Costs £40 mind...
    DL - Viper 75mW - Green (532nm)
    DL - 50mW Module - Green (532nm)
    DIY - 50mW - 12k Scanner - Green (532nm)

$3,000 to insure your car, I bet thats got our American members shivering.

I have to say I much prefer their system where it goes purely on the drivers record not age or type of car. A friend of mine on a gaming forum was 21 years old and had an original Mustang in a high state of tune. His insurance was ridiculously low!!

Ooo err. 666 posts.

I'm a beast of a poster!

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    $3,000 to insure your car, I bet thats got our American members shivering.

I have to say I much prefer their system where it goes purely on the drivers record not age or type of car. A friend of mine on a gaming forum was 21 years old and had an original Mustang in a high state of tune. His insurance was ridiculously low!!

I hate the way that the government and insurance companies way of preventing accidents caused by young drivers is by putting the inurance so high you can barely afford it.

My argument is if I bought a car now and it costs me £1,500 why would it make a difference if I wait till I am 21 when I am still inexperienced and just as likely to have an accident but I get cheaper insurance because im older. It doesn't add up.

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    chav alert chav alert

man up and improve the real mans sound system....... the engine!
    HAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by lamborgini8 View Post
    the cheapest quote I have got is £1,560 with Direct Line.
    I'm in a similar boat to you, and just did my car insurance last week (for the 3rd year), and got the price down to £480, (£550, but £70 cashback in 3 months time). Fully Comp, with MoreThan.
    Never paid more than £700 for fully comp. since day one, (that seems a long time ago now! )
    I know those insurance sites like the back of my hand, so drop me a line to see if I can help save you a £1000 or so (I'm not promising!)

As for a 'bangin' sound system, scratch that; and stick a 1W moving head green laser bolted on the roof rack (you can use the money you saved on your car insurance to buy it )

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    HAHA!

I'm in a similar boat to you, and just did my car insurance last week (for the 3rd year), and got the price down to £480, (£550, but £70 cashback in 3 months time). Fully Comp, with MoreThan.
    Never paid more than £700 for fully comp. since day one, (that seems a long time ago now! )
    I know those insurance sites like the back of my hand, so drop me a line to see if I can help save you a £1000 or so (I'm not promising!)

As for a 'bangin' sound system, scratch that; and stick a 1W moving head green laser bolted on the roof rack (you can use the money you saved on your car insurance to buy it )

Dan
    I actually stopped in one of the garages on the way home from work. This really has surprised me... There's a P reg Corsa B 1.4 5 door for £850 and I just got a quote and its only £1,845 :O The same as the 1.2 3 doors I was getting quotes for last night :O.

As for saving me money, check your PM

You know what better way to show off than opening up the boot and having a nice big sub woofer and lasers

Bah, you're not looking hard enough mate.

PM replied

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    Bah, you're not looking hard enough mate.

PM replied
    Haha, just got a awesome quote £800 off.

Thanks a lot mate

have you had a look at tesco? ive got a e36 BMW 318i , and when i started driving it when i was 18, it was £800 better on petrol than my old golf too... unless you floor it of course

More Than are usually expensive. I was with them and got mine down from £490 to £320 with Churchill.

I usually use www.moneysupermarket.com to compare prices though.