Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Day in London.

The Tower of London houses the Royal Armoury and the place gives you goosebumps walking around with it's dungeons, ravens and history.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    The Tower of London houses the Royal Armoury and the place gives you goosebumps walking around with it's dungeons, ravens and history.
    The 'Proper' Royal Armoury is now in Leeds (West Yorkshire), although there is still some stuff left at the Tower to show the tourists

Having said that there's still plenty to occupy you with a trip to the tower, Crown Jewels and all that stuff. Just don't point too closely at the exhibits otherwise you'll set off the proximity alarm and some sh*tty little jobsworth guard will come and give you a good telling off in front of everyone... Don't ask me how I know this

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I'll let you guys know when I have a itnerary.
    But keep the suggestions coming!
    Steve

Definitely agree with Science Museum and HMS Belfast. Tower is OK, but pricey, as it the London eye. Although if I was spending cash, it would be on the eye. I would also echo the Grenwich suggestion, a good place with some nautical and scientific histiory, plus you get a boat ride which is a good way to see the city.

Yes, the Science Museum is definitely worth a visit Steve. You will be mucho impressed as I was many years ago when I had some time to spare in London while waiting for a connecting flight. You probably will not have enough time to see everything.

Ok some new news, Place we will be working at is High Wycombe 30 minutes (I'm told) outside london.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Ok some new news, Place we will be working at is High Wycombe 30 minutes (I'm told) outside london.

Steve

By helicopter?!

Doc's website

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    By helicopter?!

actually will be working on helo simulator while there.

Boss on the project said 30 minutes from Heathrow, is he wrong?

Steve

Heathrow is about an hour from the centre of London.

^^^^^^^ As Heroic said ^^^^^^^^

High Wycombe is about 30 minutes drive from Heathrow so long as you made the journey after about 8.30pm. Traveling anywhere in and around London is a traffic nightmare. You could probably do the journey by train in an hour or so.

Doc's website