Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kvant 1W Spectrum RGB projector

I agree. That box kicks some major ass.

Kickass white.
    Rocksolid scanning.
    Small size.
    Great layout inside--eventhough it seems backwards, color speaks for itsself.

I really want one of those... But the price is skyhigh for my soul. Pictures is killing me, so beautyfull coherent light.

I am glad to hear you are satisfied!

I have tha same one now as well, except it is 1.4W RGB and YES! its great.

2 days ago I did the little show locally...laptop with .NET in backpack and laser in small aluminium suitcase .

If you guys consider what is inside, amount of engineering and final size, weight and performance it is actually not THAT expensive.
    Buying all those quality components separately, having such a nice casing made and amount of time of assembly it would take you (while you can be washing dishes in local pub and make money) + guarantee and it's almost equal to its price.

Right, so... all orders here please ...I'll make you good offer!

looks a lot beter then that laserworld crap
    the colors are amazing
    Do not look into laser with remaining eye
    Need laser repair contact me !!!!!!

WOW!
    Great great great purchase Aaron!!!!!
    Alignment, white balance, scanners, beam specs, colors....are all EXCELLENT!
    445nm blue is really stunning. After seen your colors I really start to think to do something for to obtain a deeper blue-violet on my projectors...

Also projector's case has small dimensions and seems to be solid like Fort Knox.

You're a lucky man (and i am little jealous....)

Congrats to you and Kvant too.
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

I can give you a movie from UKLEM of Pelosh's 1.4 and 3 W spectrums. They're the ones in the centre of the picture (a little overpowered by the overhead greens unfortunately).

Only thing I noticed at UKLEM was they seemed very violet, I actually though they were running 405nm until someone told me what they were. Colours to me were a little disappointing as a result as the oranges and reds looked pale and the blues violet but that might have just been the patterns Pelosh was running in the software. Its too easy to blame the projector when the software's actually controlling the colour mix!

To my eyes, Jem had the best colour balance in the room which surprised me as his red was 660nm and seemed very visible (I expected it to be much dimmer).

No faulting the Kvant build or case quality though, top notch and a lovely small size on the 1.4W!

Video of the Spectrums are here:

http://vimeo.com/3830754

(apologies for the poorish quality was from a compact camera)
    Last edited by White-Light; 03-24-2009 at 01:53.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    The mystery projector unveiled...

As some of you know I am not the best DIYer on the board and don't get near the satisfaction some other members do by getting their hands dirty doing it themselves... My obsession is with the shows and the music, and of course, the coherent light.
    We're definitely on the same wavelength on this!
    I spent hours aligning the red and green in my DIY RGY before a gig last weekend.. when the show started i noticed they were again unaligned as hell ..
    I'd rather use my energy for show and making the crowd go wild

I'm saving for a complete prebuilt RGB solution.. this RGB-1 is on the top of my wishlist altough the RG-600 would also be nice to get me started..

What amazing pics!! I knew KVANT delivered nice stuff.. but this beam.. with the bright, thin red and deep blue..

A couple of questions though:
    - Do you think it is possible to mount a FB3 controller on the inside of the case?
    - Is there something like scanner-safety in there?

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    To my eyes, Jem had the best colour balance in the room which surprised me as his red was 660nm and seemed very visible (I expected it to be much dimmer).
    Thanks Al, you say the nicest things

However, I think the colour balance in mine is more a case of good luck rather than good management

For information I have in my projector...

Dual Maxyzmodule at ~450mW of 659nm Red

Laserwave 473nm Blue at ~200mW

Laserwave Green 532nm at ~350mW

This is of course a pretty poor balance on its own... However... Add in one QM2000.Net and some Pangolin software to balance all those colours and you end up with a lovely white

Quite what the actual balanced white output is on my projector I don't know as I don't have a thermopile head for my meter. I suspect it's probably around 600mW (ish) as a best guesstimate.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Hi all,

reason for that was that I have only 1 QM card and 2 projectors so for UKLEM I was using signal splitter and therefore the colour balance could not be matched on both projectors. So I did not bother to adjust the colours at all...as you now it was bit rushy day for me.

But NEXT TIME !!!*@!

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    I can give you a movie from UKLEM of Pelosh's 1.4 and 3 W spectrums. They're the ones in the centre of the picture (a little overpowered by the overhead greens unfortunately).

Only thing I noticed at UKLEM was they seemed very violet, I actually though they were running 405nm until someone told me what they were. Colours to me were a little disappointing as a result as the oranges and reds looked pale and the blues violet but that might have just been the patterns Pelosh was running in the software. Its too easy to blame the projector when the software's actually controlling the colour mix!

No faulting the Kvant build or case quality though, top notch and a lovely small size on the 1.4W!

Video of the Spectrums are here:

http://vimeo.com/0701734

(apologies for the poorish quality was from a compact camera)
    ----------tipello.net - i am not referring you, i just DO recommend it.

Everything is pretty squoshed in it so I don't think so.
    Front window metal-sliding (up&down) cover is simple hardware safety solution...you can limit the horizontal position of beams going out of the projector

Quote Originally Posted by SideFX View Post
    A couple of questions though:
    - Do you think it is possible to mount a FB3 controller on the inside of the case?
    - Is there something like scanner-safety in there?
    ----------tipello.net - i am not referring you, i just DO recommend it.