Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kvant 1W Spectrum RGB projector

Very nice projector Allthat! CT scanners... 445nm blue... now it's me that is envious of your projector

And how's the 500mW 445nm visibility comparing to your old 473+405nm config?

Quote Originally Posted by pelosh View Post
    Everything is pretty squoshed in it so I don't think so.
    Front window metal-sliding (up&down) cover is simple hardware safety solution...you can limit the horizontal position of beams going out of the projector
    I liked the design of the sliding window even before you mentioned this- what a great idea!
    Thanks, Mike

That is a pretty good design, will manually keep the beam from going into the audience. I would prefer something that would fail upwards and keep the beam from going into the audience rather then if this slipped it would unblock the beam.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben
    I would prefer something that would fail upwards
    Maybe something spring loaded (pushing up?)

Thanks again y'all.

I am totally hooked on the 445 blue, but I could see adding a bit of green to one of the blue shades for a brighter blue. The lower wavelength just adds more to the pallete in my opinion.

Actually the thumb screws are nice and secure. I do not see the window cover slipping off. I would not call this a safety feature, but Martin is right; you can use it as a mask if the projector is located above the audience.

It still needs all the safety hardware, interlock, shutter, kill switch, non-removable key, and emission lights... and someone else needs to install it; cause I ain't getting a tool near this beauty. A varience is not top on my list, but would be very nice.

Can I add something else to this:

I am a Kvant distributor, I am not sure about the version you have but take a look underneath, you should find a threaded re-enforced hole that allows you to mount the projector directy on top of a threaded tripod mount. Take car tho if doing this not do over screw it in.

I guess this is another first for Kvant.

We have some barrels that slide over a standard speaker tripod that fit the little super projector directy.

Its a super kit indeed, just missing a second ilda but I am sure that will come too.

Thumbs up

You are right. I should have taken a few shots of the mounting "features". The handle has a nice mounting hole for hanging it and you can change the angle at which the handle rests to change the angle the projector hangs at. Then there is a big threaded hole on the bottom that andy is speaking of that looks nice and sturdy.

AWESOME RGB ! the color balancing and alignment look perfect !! Need some good video though

Where is the price sheet on the Kvant site? I found it before, but it seems to have disappeared

-Adam

absolutely madness! best colors ive ever seen. wanna too :'(

Hey Brother!...

The Kvant was Killer, dude!... I was really impressed at FLEM, (and I had just got-done having the crap-impressed out of me by the RGB-Systems 2W on our FL gig...)
    ...three-cheers for your new 'light-cube'...

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    ...and the aperature window (that looks to reflect a good 5% back into the projector... )
    As 'thanks' for the FLEM-shirt PM-me the dims on your aperture window, (actual 'hole-size') and I'll shoot ya a piece of 'CDAR', <0.5% back-reflection vs ~10% for 'standard' glass... ... Oh, and your 'mailing-address', too... I *sort-of* remember...

Will look forward to seeing that blue again sometime... very niiiice...

KIT...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...