Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Chroma - a laser color blender

Well, it seems that it doesn't run on W7 x64. I found out last week. It works on 32-bit Vista and W7 for me though.

I will release a new version soon. I'm downloading Visual Studio 2008 now (legally I should add ).

Quote Originally Posted by tocket View Post
    Well, it seems that it doesn't run on W7 x64. I found out last week. It works on 32-bit Vista and W7 for me though.

I will release a new version soon. I'm downloading Visual Studio 2008 now (legally I should add ).
    It doesn't seem to work for me on Vista or W7 32 or 64 bit

Looking forward to the next revision of this fantastic tool

Thanx;
    DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

I had it running on Vista 64 bit but I couldn't get it working on W7 64 bit which was why I contacted Tocket. My research showed that there's a compatability problem between Matlab and W7 64 bit.

There should be no such problem on Vista 64 though as its a W7 problem.

Default Chroma v1.1 - Good and bad news

An updated version is finished. Unfortunately, since I'm running W7 x64 with 64-bit MATLAB on this computer the new Chroma is 64-bit (and for no good reason).

The good news is that I've added a few new features. See the screenshot below and changelog for details.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chroma1.1.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	252.6 KB 
ID:	14420

Download link: http://blue.orgchem.kth.se/Chroma/distrib/x64/

Chroma v1.1 x64

This program will only run on 64-bit Windows!

Changelog:
    Updated to MCR 7.11 - You need to install this version of MCR to run Chroma 1.1.
    Added requested luminous power comparison.
    Changed luminous flux to luminous power.
    It is now possible to look at single wavelengths.
    Minor GUI changes.
    Command line interface has disappeared.

I just downloaded & installed Chroma (Win XP) for the first time...

WOW!
    Awesome software, Tocket!
    Thanks for sharing this with us!!

Interesting how clearly it shows the effectiveness of 640nm vs 660nm when it comes to "white balance" -

And how there's no way I'll be able to afford to balance my 400mw of 532.... $$$

I do like that extra edge I get in beams, however.....
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

I should add that I haven't actually tested the new version on a computer that does not have matlab installed, so I would appreciate if you let me know that it works. Remember to remove the old and install the new MCR.

32-bit users should still be OK with the old version. The new will not work for you until I can compile it on a 32-bit system, which I currently have no way of doing.

Quote Originally Posted by tocket View Post
    I should add that I haven't actually tested the new version on a computer that does not have matlab installed, so I would appreciate if you let me know that it works. Remember to remove the old and install the new MCR.

32-bit users should still be OK with the old version. The new will not work for you until I can compile it on a 32-bit system, which I currently have no way of doing.
    What do you need to compile a 32 bit version? I've got both 32 and 64 bit versions of W7, and both with VS2008...

--DDL

Thanks Tocket, working fine here although it is very slow to initialise still.

@ Stuka, the best 1W balance I've found is 600mw 640nm, 300mw 532nm, 250mw 473nm. Works out to be 1.15 Watts and balance is dead centre perfect. Only improvement would be a little more blue.

Yes, it is still slow to start and uses a lot of memory. That's the MCR... a bit like java. The only way to get rid of that is to port it to some other language. It might happen some day, but it's not a high priority.

Quote Originally Posted by daedal View Post
    What do you need to compile a 32 bit version? I've got both 32 and 64 bit versions of W7, and both with VS2008...

--DDL
    Well, you also need MATLAB 32-bit.

Yay! W7 64 with Chroma

Thank you

--DDL