Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Building your own 473nm laser from 808 using an LBO

Please elaborate...
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    Please elaborate...

What is the sound of one camera clapping?

Does a tripod falling in the forest make a sound if there is no on there to hear it?

Look up the length of a 171, they are huge. Notice the camera lens type and the fact that Pat, a tall guy, is short in that picture. You can infer the length of the whale sized optical table by the width of the arm spread. Its on a tripod, or a guy on a chair or ladder, with his feet about at the level of the table and the beams. We shall soon hear if I'm remotely close.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    What is the sound of one camera clapping?

Does a tripod falling in the forest make a sound if there is no on there to hear it?

Look up the length of a 171, they are huge. Notice the camera lens type and the fact that Pat, a tall guy, is short in that picture. You can infer the length of the whale sized optical table by the width of the arm spread. Its on a tripod, or a guy on a chair or ladder, with his feet about at the level of the table and the beams. We shall soon hear if I'm remotely close.

Steve

HAHAHA - inspector gadget!!! You missed your true calling Sherlock! The table was a 5'x12' floating newport (not floating). a 171 is 171cm long (approx) at that time I was 5'8" Im not nor have I ever been tall. He was on a tall step stool or short ladder, he used a 4x5 format camera with a special lens and it was adjusted all wacked out.

We didnt use a fog machine. It was a special trick tho...We used canned air turned upside down, he had one assistant on either side of him with a can of air upsidedown in each hand with a long exposure and at the last second he fired the strobe behind me which had a red gel over it. It was about a 5 hour shoot and he went through many cases of canned air.

At the time i was thinking what a waste of money and human resources power & water, the entire time for me for two days (set up & shoot days) for a stupid photograph. Here is the shocker...you can purchase that photograph right here 25 years later...Do you think he has made a buck or two on the shot?

http://www.wineviews.com/portfolio/p...io2/index.html

you must see this to let you know who he is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_O%27Rear
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Hey I think I remember this picture from a national geographic as well...

http://www.wineviews.com/portfolio/p...1006-full.html

Was one of my favorite shots as a kid... I couldn't imagine how all those colors occurred naturally

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I spent hours reading that issue of national geographic. my copy got trashed by a roof leak.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 04-26-2009 at 13:58.

it surely deserves to be the cover of a kraftwerk album, or anything the like!

great work of art

damn...this thread was severely derailed. We are like a bunch of dimwits herding cats after a long night of drinking. Many apologies to OP.\

OBTW OP...are you coming to PaCoLEM? Damn...there I go again!!!
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.