Thread: Can someone convert this with TraceIt????

Default Can someone convert this with TraceIt????

Cool video! Worthy of doing in laser.... http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/play/3596/

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    Cool video! Worthy of doing in laser.... http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/play/3596/
    If you can convert it to a AVI, I might do 100 frames of your choice by a means other then traceit. takes about two hours, as I have to "guide it". so choose carefully what u wnat.

Steve

Here are the first 202 frames in ilda format and the audio stripped out as mp3.
    The point count on the rest of the animation is way out of hand, so beyond 202 it's up to you. It starts to flash when 3 guys show up- might be a good example for experimenting with ildsos and optimization.

-Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by mikkojay View Post
    Here are the first 202 frames in ilda format and the audio stripped out as mp3.
    The point count on the rest of the animation is way out of hand, so beyond 202 it's up to you. It starts to flash when 3 guys show up- might be a good example for experimenting with ildsos and optimization.

-Mike
    Thank you for doing this.

I played around with extracting it last night, but couldn't get the audio to extract nicely.

With regards to the points, that was my thought exactly... I think a bunch of optimization can be done by removing some of the jagged lines around the people's outlines.

Can you provide the rest? I will try to optimize it when I get a chance

Thanx;
    DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

One of the main problems I have with bitmap tracers is that they generate double lines from lineart. This doesn't look as good as a single line and doubles the point count.

One requirement for a laser art bitmap tracer would be to have a line detection algorithm instead of a contour finding algorithm. I don't believe that TraceIt can do it (am I right?).

AutoTrace can do it but I found getting the right settings tedious and results were not that good. I used the command line interface binaries.
    http://home.unet.nl/vanvught/OpenILDA/

p.s. apparently another Dutch laserist....

Hey Guys,
    I used Pangolin's swf converter, and didn't play around with any of it's built-in settings. That is on my to do list when I get time. My current QM PC is on its last leg, so I plan to transfer the card over to another machine soon. I received a memory error towards the end of the import on this file-the swf was rather large. I bet that either someone with a better PC could get the whole thing, or I might be able to when I switch PC's and bump up the memory. This is a pretty cool video though- it will be neat to see how good it can be rendered.
    -Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikkojay View Post
    Hey Guys,
    I used Pangolin's swf converter, and didn't play around with any of it's built-in settings. That is on my to do list when I get time. My current QM PC is on its last leg, so I plan to transfer the card over to another machine soon. I received a memory error towards the end of the import on this file-the swf was rather large. I bet that either someone with a better PC could get the whole thing, or I might be able to when I switch PC's and bump up the memory. This is a pretty cool video though- it will be neat to see how good it can be rendered.
    -Mike
    I'll give that a shot tonight Does that come as part of the QM2K package?

--DDL

Nevermind...

Lasershow Converter FLASH -- Convert Adobe Flash graphics to laser
    (free with LD2000 Pro and Basic; extra-cost option for LD2000 Intro)

I guess I don't have it then...

--DDL