i am using pangolin Intro
    so do any one have file that creat in pangolin pro or some thing
    can any one share frames and show
    thanks
    John

Quote Originally Posted by john3626 View Post
    i am using pangolin Intro
    so do any one have file that creat in pangolin pro or some thing
    No, and I'm a little bothered that you would even ask for such a thing. The "file" you are talking about is in fact a license file, and it has to come from Pangolin. It will be unique to each and every QM-2000 board, so a file from someone else will not work for you. It will also cost you the price of an upgrade.

It sounds like you trying to hack the board to get the upgrade for free. If you are, that would be piracy, and we don't play that game around here. (Plus, with the encryption that Pangolin uses, you're not going to have much luck trying to hack the board anyway.)
    can any one share frames and show
    There is an FTP server where people share shows they've created. See this thread for details. Post # 31 has the login info.

Adam

Angry

I am sorry i don't mean to hack or do some thing wrong
    but is some one have frame or file that they creat
    just can share not that from pangolin
    sorry if i am wrong

Think he ment sharing a show file? Not the license file.

It sounded like he wanted a file to make his intro system into a pro system. Though I admit that English is probably not his native language, so I could be wrong. If I misunderstood his intentions, then I apologize.

If he just wants access to the free shows (and frame files) that PL members have created using their Pangolin hardware, then he can download all of them from the FTP server.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    It sounded like he wanted a file to make his intro system into a pro system. Though I admit that English is probably not his native language, so I could be wrong. If I misunderstood his intentions, then I apologize.

If he just wants access to the free shows (and frame files) that PL members have created using their Pangolin hardware, then he can download all of them from the FTP server.

Adam
    Hii adam
    i dont mean to upgrade my software just need frame and file for some cool show
    you dont have to be apologize it is my falut bad english
    thanks all
    sorry
    my bad english
    Last edited by john3626; 04-19-2009 at 22:16.

Cool

It's OK John, it was my mistake. I didn't understand your intentions from your first post, but it's not your fault. I understand the language barrier, I just didn't think about it when I first posted.

Have a look on the ftp server (see link above) and you'll find lots of frames and animations that you can use for your own shows. You will also find quite a few complete shows that you can download and run on your Pangolin system.

Adam

anyway, I think it is inpossible to upgrade and LD2000 Intro board to an LD2000 Pro just by an license file.
    Because it all depends on the CPU on board the LD2000 Intro, Basic or Pro...

No, that's not true Cruch.

All Pangolin QM-2000 boards are the same. That's why you can play a show that was created with a Pro board even if all you have is an Intro board. The hardware is identical. The only think that changes is the license file, which unlocks the extra features when you are editing a show. Playback features are automatically enabled by default.

This is also why it's so easy to upgrade your system. If you want to add extra tracks to Showtime, or add another oscillator to your abstract generator, you just call Pangolin and tell them what you want. When they receive your payment, they send you a new license file. You put the file in the proper directory, start up Showtime, and just like that, your new features are ready to use. The license file is tied to the serial number for your specific board, so it won't work with anyone else's.

This license file has to come from Pangolin, and they spent a *lot* of money to get very good encryption for this system, making it nearly impossible for anyone to hack it. It also allows them to disable boards that get stolen. They just blacklist those serial numbers in the next release of the software, and just like that, no more updates for stolen hardware. Cool, eh?

Adam

hmm..that is cool! I was sure there was different cpu´s on the ld2000 cards.
    Yeah, the license file is pretty amazing, some kind of steganography...
    Have played with the steganography some years ago...that is pretty amazing