Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Moncha?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cairns, Australia
    Posts
    1,896

    Default Moncha?

    Well, I have been loaned me Moncha to try out for a while, and over the time I have had it, I have to say, it is some pretty nice hardware and software, especially for live control (Which I use most of the time anyway)

    But, of course, it was only loaned to me, so one day i'm going to have to give it back, and i'll be stuck with my half-dead sound card DAC

    This is mainly for the people that have the Moncha, but how do you find it? I have also considered the FB3, expecially for its DMX function, but it turns out Moncha can be had for less than the FB3 eval kit. It's still damn expensive, but if I can manage to find the money, would anyone recommend it?

    It works with it's own software, of course, it also has a live drawing program, works with Spaghetti etc. My DT25's and laser loves it, so what do you guys think?

    (Yes, I know a few of you are probably gonna tell me that Pango is 100% better etc, but for the time I've had it, Moncha seems to be a pretty good package, and somewhat cheaper than the FB3.

    Cheers,
    Dan
    Last edited by Things; 04-25-2009 at 04:16.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Native Floridian
    Posts
    3,145

    Default

    I don't think I've ever seen moncha, can you do abstracts with it?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cairns, Australia
    Posts
    1,896

    Default

    It comes with a freakin crapload of abstracts, but just uses general .ild files, so yeah, it can. You can also import a .ild (like a square) and just set it to rotate in a certain axis to get it to look like an abstract.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,702

    Default

    Hey Dave - I don't think it has a abstract generator.

    http://www.showtacle.com/Moncha.php
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

    Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    @ Things

    Well, if you can't come up with any negative points yourself, except the price, you should buy it.

    Maybe you should try and loan some other hardware to have some kind of reference. Because a hands-on reference just can not be found on a forum. Even not on this one.

    The reason I bought moncha, is of it's touchscreen friendly interface. And by altering the ini file you can lock out some functions, to avoid things messed up by inexperienced users.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -bart- View Post
    Because a hands-on reference just can not be found on a forum. Even not on this one.
    QFT

    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

    Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    8,647

    Default

    i have moncha and fb3.

    both are excellent, i couldnt fault either.

    moncha is very user friendly and works great. it has less features than an fb3 but do you need all them features??

    fb3 is top notch does everything you could ever need and more. not as user friendly though.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cairns, Australia
    Posts
    1,896

    Default

    I've decided to go with a FB3. Not sure if i'm going to go with the lafreak package, or just go and get the intro package. What is included, hardware wise, with the lafreak package for $500? The DMX board would be very handy, but I dont think it's included in the $500. Does it come with the differential board too?

    Cheers,
    Dan
    Last edited by Things; 04-26-2009 at 19:33.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,702

    Default

    Probably a question best directed at Pangolin.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

    Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •