Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lasershowparts Scanpro 30 review

Cool

It's impossible to project beams that way! Light travels in a straight line. You're not going to bend it in air like that. (Well, unless you've got a pocket-sized black hole hanging in front of the projector!)

I've seen the same sort of image distortion when shooting video with my FLIP camera. (Yeah, it's cheap, but it gets the job done when I'm in a hurry.) However, I do not see those artifacts when I use either my hi-8 camcorder or my digital camera to shoot laser video.

Bottom line - it's an artifact of the camera. It doesn't look that way in real life.

Adam

in the video its an optical illusion...
    you can clearly see the absolutely straight beams of light.. it seems that the beams are terminating in mid air or stopping and starting again. Thats because the beam is being moved very quickly from one place to another.

Remember the is only 1 beam. thats it. anything else has to do with persistence of vision/capture speed of the camera.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group

Quote Originally Posted by keeperx View Post
    in the video its an optical illusion...
    you can clearly see the absolutely straight beams of light.. it seems that the beams are terminating in mid air or stopping and starting again. Thats because the beam is being moved very quickly from one place to another.

Remember the is only 1 beam. thats it. anything else has to do with persistence of vision/capture speed of the camera.
    It's caused by the camera being in long integration mode; note how low the frame rate is in all the videos that show this artifact. Long integration mode plus shutterless sensor -> bend and cutoff motion artifacts.

ok well there ya go...
    i'd believe that .. sounds good to me..
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group