Thread: Show No. 2 - Aerodynamic - Daft Punk

Talking Show No. 2 - Aerodynamic - Daft Punk

Evening all,
    I'm still forever tinkering with my FB3, and the clunky but fantastic Showrider, and I just thought I'd post my latest show for you all.
    I'm getting use to Showrider fast, it's a strange little program; many quirks, but you have to be patient and polite to it to reap the rewards.

Anyway... the show is made to a classical remix version of Aerodynamic by Daft Punk, which I personally really like (as well as the original version).
    It's an RGB show and is well sync'd to the music, it also features quite heavily around a white theme with splashes of colour. I've tried to keep the geometry very simple, often just using a simple line or a few circles with colour and key effects. I've also been experimenting with colour cycles, (all the ones used were made from scratch)
    I don't actually have my projector with me this weekend while I'm at home (it's in my uni flat), so this was made completely off the cuff and untested on an actual projector. (Hopefully it should look ok!)

Also, as my build is still currently very much in the 'green' phase, I won't get to actually see it for a few months in all it's full colour; so if someone could try it an report back I'd appreciate it. (You can only imagine so much with that little preview window)

Here is a YouTube clip of the show rendered (I found the setting Soffy!): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zUB-6qRqHI

I've uploaded all the files to crutch's ftp server. (Shows/Pangolin FB3/Aerodynamic)
    In the 'Areodynamic' folder, there is the .ILD file (compressed), the Showrider file, the rendered video, and 3 file format versions of the song (all >320kbps).
    The .ild one will not be sync'd obviously, but is included for compatibility (after my last mess up!)
    Hopefully they won't all be corrupt this time!

Feedback much appreciated!

Dan

nice.. never heard that version..
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group

Nice show Daniel. Look forward to seeing it performed on a laser.

I'll watch it this evening