Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RGY Projector 3.0...

Default RGY Projector 3.0...

Hey Everyone!
    Still broke but I managed to do a little tinkering on my RGY projector last night. I had one of Drlava's FlexMod2 drivers just laying around and decided my DPSS green was just too boring being TTL. Sooo,,, I ripped out the old diode driver and went crazy with a soldering iron.

Kinda cleaned up the wiring a little too and installed a second PS for running the lasers, shutter, fans and correction circuitry for the Maxyz. This is not even close to my final projector. I'm waiting to get some real cash to throw together something truly awesome. Hopefully sooner than later.

As for the results.... WOW! The FlexMod2 rocks! Very nice, clean and linear output. It's great you can pack so much awesome in such a tiny package. Color and fading is now existant in my projector! Yay!

Another plus is all this extra space. Hmmm, I wonder what I should put there????

Wink

Nice job man and about time. I seem to see you picking up a lot of "crap" in some of your posts; some cooler, a useless laser that isn't even visible. That and short trips to Florida will kill any chance you might hope to have to see "true" light out of that beastly projector of yours... I do have a few items behind me that would fit in that extra space...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Nice job man and about time. I seem to see you picking up a lot of "crap" in some of your posts; some cooler, a useless laser that isn't even visible. That and short trips to Florida will kill any chance you might hope to have to see "true" light out of that beastly projector of yours... I do have a few items behind me that would fit in that extra space...
    Don't be prejudice of the IR laser! They are the behind the scenes wavelengths that frequency double to make all those beautiful colors.

I traded it for a whole bunch of other crap I had sitting around anyway. Hoping to eventually get 20-30W of green out of it.... Or I'll just sell it.... We'll see.

I am interested in hearing what options you may have for my empty lot. I'll send ya a PM!

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    That better have butter and salt!

Cool! Looking good there

Perhaps a BluRay to go along with your others? Just a suggestion?

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

why does nobody build GVM projectors?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group

Quote Originally Posted by keeperx View Post
    why does nobody build GVM projectors?
    Huh?

--DDL

Question

Green, Violet, Mauve, maybe?

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Green, Violet, Mauve, maybe?

Adam
    I thought of that or magenta... both of which are nowhere near red...

--DDL

Cool

No... You don't understand... He said "no one builds them". He wasn't talking about a R-G-B or R-G-V projector. He was talking about a G-B only projector. (or G-V only.) As in, why doesn't anyone build a green and violet projector?

But what color do you get when you mix green and violet from a blu-ray? Not cyan, of course. But "mauve" is close enough. Thus the "G-V-M" projector. (Call it turquoise if you want; then it would be G-V-T.)

Anyway, the reason no one builds them is that a blu-ray diode costs more than a red one, so if you can afford to build a green-violet projector, you can also afford to add some red and make an R-G-V rig.

Also, if you are forced to only have 2 colors, then an R-G-Y unit gives you a wider color palette. Green and blue and cyan all look pretty much the same, but red, green, and yellow are very distinct colors.