Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Running shows back to back with Pangolin???

One thing I should have mentioned and I am sure most would do this anyway before starting..

I suggest you make a backup of your original shows that yu are going to useand rename them to something different.. just while you do the combining thing.

You then save the new combined show(s) with it own name.

Hate to see you lose all of your hard work.

Cheers

Ray
    NZ

Quote Originally Posted by Pitts View Post
    Hi
    If you find Auto play a bit slow due frame loading etc you can "join" shows in Pangolin .. Its an interesting exercise which does require a little work on your part but is well supported by LD2000.

This is a handy feature if having any pauses in your show is a problem.

You can probably get the steps from the Pangolin support pages on the Pangolin website.

You do need to have a clear understanding of the relationship between frames, the timeline and the audio. I have done it several times now following the instructions and it works like a dream.
    The frame renumbering is largely automated so you don't need to go back one by one.

You are really just creating, say, three shows into one big show by doing this.

If you cant find it PM me and I will send you the Pangolin instructions.

Really good for professional shows that must run without pauses or breaks to reload.

Cheers

Ray
    NZ
    Ray -

Any tricks / concerns you might add when it comes to combining the audio tracks for multiple shows?
    This is definitely something I want to do for some "informal" gigs lining up in the near future.

Thanks!

Randy
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Has anyone here ever used the "Showcontrol" software that works with the Pangolin boards?

http://www.laserlight.de/software/sh...l/info_eb.html

I would be interested in hearing any comments from anyone who has hands-on experience with the software.

Thanks!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

I just had an epihony-
    You know at least one of the sample Floyd shows from Pangolin have 2 songs "spliced" together?
    When I first saw that, I said to myself, "now why would someone make a pain in the ass decision to do that?".
    After this discussion, it makes perfect sense. The timing on Dark Side of the Moon is everything, and fans would not want to experience a big gaping gap between 2 songs that bleed into the next so wonderfully. Having the frames all loaded in one big chunk would make it seamless like it is supposed to be.
    Ahhh!
    -Mike

I just downloaded this yesterday (to use for splicing audio)
    http://www.free-audio-editor.com/
    I'll mess around with it this weekend and see if it's any good.
    -Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikkojay View Post
    I just downloaded this yesterday (to use for splicing audio)
    http://www.free-audio-editor.com/
    I'll mess around with it this weekend and see if it's any good.
    -Mike
    "Audacity" is another good free audio editor - I have seen it mentioned on "Light-O-Rama" forums as a good choice for standardizing bit rates and timing in the audio files used for a show.

Audio timing is one of the things I was wondering about when combining shows in Showtime - can you just paste the audio files together back-to-back, or do they need to be "tweaked" to stay in sync with their respective section of the combined shows?
    Last edited by Stuka; 07-09-2009 at 09:06.
    RR

Sweet.....

I use the NCH Wavepad there is a small cost but I find it good, powerful and simple to use.
    You can see it here at www.nch.com.au
    I think you can download a trial version if I remember correctly.
    Its part of a family of small programs there is another that converts file formats.
    That's how I do it..
    Cheers
    Ray
    NZ