Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Help with LD2000 Please

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    the hills
    Posts
    983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cat View Post
    Am I just going to wake up one day and understand all this?
    Yeah. Play with it enough and it will one day click and you will get an "OH....Yeah...." moment.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    128

    Default Okay, I'll take you at your word

    Quote Originally Posted by mophead View Post
    Yeah. Play with it enough and it will one day click and you will get an "OH....Yeah...." moment.
    I hope so............I actually felt the room spinning reading the post. I'll stick with it, I promise. Cat

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    So how do you get the LAStudio for QM2000?
    Abstraction for the FB3 is pretty cool - I'd like to give it a try with the QM!
    Download it here (bottom of page).
    For the license contact Pangolin along with your QM2000-Serial-Nr. and type (Intro, Basic, Pro).

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Orlando, FL - USA
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Hi Jem,

    There are probably a lot of way to do this "sweeping brush" effect you mentioned. Some of them have been discussed here.

    Another way would be to start with the full frame (with all of the dots creating all of the beams) and then use a "window effect" (probably a key-effect) to reveal the points one at a time.

    Another way would be to use the beam system build into LivePRO. You can create the individual beam locations that you want, and then use the Beam Sequencer to create a sequence that would be like this:

    Step . Output

    1 . . . 1
    2 . . . 1+2
    3 . . . 1+2+3
    4 . . . 1+2+3+4
    ... etc...

    Bill

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,584

    Default

    Thanks Bill

    I appreciate your input and your taking the time to write a possible solution

    I'll have to take a closer look at the beam sequencer in LivePRO. It's all a learning curve, although it does produce huge satisfaction (and a big grin) when the required effect is acheived

    Cheers

    Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

  6. #26
    mixedgas's Avatar
    mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.
    Posts
    10,108

    Default

    The effect I THINK your looking for is in one of the Bond Movies, from a above camera install and I have tried for years to figure out how to do it without hand animating. Its in a museum scene in Balboa Spain, and I think its a 2001 Hiro Yamagata install, but I cant remember exactly which Bond.

    fixed array of point beams, other point beams slide in steps to one side, then one beam sweeps back to the end , almost looks like it was done in a abstract generator with a clipping window.

    Would be really cool if a Pangolin Card did a Bond.....

    Googling Bond and Laser or Bond and Laser show just gets you "No Mr Bond, I expect you to Die" with the big HENE laser weapon.

    Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 05-14-2009 at 04:53.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •