Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aeroflot Logo

Default Aeroflot Logo

Imported this from Adobe Illustrator (.ai) format...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Is there any particular reason for you to convert this logo

Optimized for display @ 30K @ 25 Hz using ildsôs.

No specific reason. Just testing... If you want a logo let me know, will also animate if you like (rotate or something). Tons available here.

Your optimized files do flicker more than my original. Just tested laser output with LAStudio Draw3D.

Here's another airline-logo...
    Last edited by decix; 05-11-2009 at 13:10.

That's pretty interesting... I always thought the toyota logo would make a good beam effect Especially if it had rotating elements, colors, a the such

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

Here are a few re-done for 30k, fast blanking with a blanking shift of 2 pts. Some software, if it does processing on the files or its own blanking shift, might not display them correctly until you turn that off. aeroflot is ilda V1, lh is V5. Both @ 34fps.

Those already look wrong when opened with an ILDA-Editor. I don't believe that anyone except you can display them correctly.
    I see this kind of optimization as something which you got to do for your very own projector. We all have different scannners / maximum scanspeeds / blanking response time / display software (!) / etc.
    It's no use uploading dozens of "optimized" files for other users, this only spreads confusion and destroys information from the original files.
    I also don't like lots of optimization attempts as answers to my posts, I'd rather like to see some new creative files from other users as a reaction to it.
    We should arrange that in this category everyone only uploads his original files, optimization should be done individually by yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by daedal View Post
    That's pretty interesting... I always thought the toyota logo would make a good beam effect Especially if it had rotating elements, colors, a the such
    I tried again. It was a bit tricky, but here's the result.

Quote Originally Posted by decix View Post
    Those already look wrong when opened with an ILDA-Editor.
    It's no use uploading dozens of "optimized" files for other users, this only spreads confusion and destroys information from the original files.
    Yes they look wrong, most optimized frames look wrong also because of the ballistic compensation. It's just a factor of optimized frames. But the blanking offset makes it look more wrong. I think those frames would look good at 30k with spaghetti and probably LDS with optimization off. But, I agree it's just a re-hash of logos already done.

Here's a new one that could be used at the end of *some* parties.. 652 points 56fps at 30k:

Quote Originally Posted by daedal View Post
    I always thought the toyota logo would make a good beam effect
    --DDL
    I think the Mitsubishi logo (three diamonds) would look better. Especially with combined slow rotate and flip.

Great discussion! Decix, have you tried using my SVG converter?
    I'm not sure how well Inkscape will handle ai files but could be worth a try.

WRT sharing I totally agree it makes no sense to share individually optimized ilda frames.
    This is very good reason to start sharing laser art in a true vector graphics format such as SVG.
    It is the reason I released OLA (SVG to ilda converter) for free, so anyone can make the conversion optimized for their own projector and or needs (such as scanspeed, quality and number of points)

Whether people like OLA and use it is up to them, but I would like to think that I'm working on a needed solution to this kind of issue.