Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 147

Thread: really unpleasure trade with Lasernerd

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,131

    Default

    Yes i did say he power heads are used!

    No he did not say anything to me about the Laser-Wave Blue beam quality,,he just said a very nice laser,,
    I am cool with the laser,I cannot expect Viasho quality from everyone!

    I have also offered him several times a un-sctratched power head




    Lasernerd
    Senior Member Join Date: Feb 2005
    Location: The Great Pacific NW
    Posts: 877



    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Laser Ben
    If that is in fact new, that is a decent price. It is $1499 with the detector from Coherent.

    pretty sure that is the price without the puck,,
    the PM10 is 850$ list,,but as stated it is a used puck in great condition included!
    __________________
    Last edited by Lasernerd; 05-11-2009 at 09:10.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,147,488,805

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasernerd View Post
    I have also offered him several times a un-sctratched power head
    Well, if he ships the one he has back to you, will you ship him the unscratched head? If so, then the problem is solved, yes?

    Just need to hear from Bridge...

    Adam

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Well, if he ships the one he has back to you, will you ship him the unscratched head? If so, then the problem is solved, yes?

    Just need to hear from Bridge...

    Adam

    Yes sir!!
    i have offered that to him several times!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    972

    Default

    From the pics of the heads on this thread... some of the "scratches" look like
    high power laser beam burns... and some do not....IMO


    Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

    New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW


    Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lasersbee View Post
    From the pics of the heads on this thread... the "scratches" look like
    high power laser beam burns... IMO


    Jerry
    yes they do!
    and some look like scratches right in the center!!
    there is NO way I would have shipped bridge a bad unit! That one SPECIAL power head came from someone on this board a well known person! he knows it well..If this persists i will ask him to come forward

    I will not do a review of his Laser-Wave (Bridge) product he got pissed off!
    Last edited by Lasernerd; 05-11-2009 at 09:11.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,478

    Default

    ok...

    let me try to possibly interject here.

    Mark, you do pose some valid points. and also, bridge does. I know bridge is VERY upset over this trade. He feels and to some extent i agree with him, that he may have gotten slighted. now, before you go balistic, please listen...

    1. the listing for the meter and head was a little misleading. mark, you seem like a stand up guy and i am in NO WAY placing any blame or saying you did anything to deceive or otherwise lie about the meter trade. but the sale/trade specifics did lead to some pretty broad and general assumptions. even as i read the communications and original thread i would have assumed and been under the impression that i was getting a NEW meter and a NEW head. i know you said it was used, but then you state only ~2 hours of use. well, 1998 is a long time ago. 2 hours of use in a matter of 11 years is alot for me to swallow. or anyone for that matter. and you also need to conseder the fact that this *IS* from 1998. therefore, depreciated. wheter 1 hour of use or 1,000 hours of use.

    if i buy a 2009 car i expect to pay full *NEW* car prices. if i buy a 1998 car with only 2 miles on it its still going to be DRASTICALLY less. you should not compare a used meter (no matter how many hours) to the price of a brand new selling one. i understand your point that these are very high end meters (no one is doubting that) but the fact of the matter is that it IS used and i think that that fact was somehow lost in the communications back and forth.

    the head scratches i also think should have been disclosed to bridge (or anyone who purchased/traded) the meter. i dont think accusing bridge of purposely scratching the head was a fair attack. in my eyes, that was a low blow. this has NOTHING to do with me being a distributor also and just "siding with him cuz i work with him". i (and you can ask) said i would not write ANYTHING or take ANY sides with ANYONE until i saw any and all correspondences. so, this can not be considered me being biased at all. i DO feel bridge was erroneous in some of his assumptions also. and i will address those in a second. if i, in essence, spent ~$3,000 for a meter and head (value of the laser you traded for) i would have wanted and expected a PERFECT head and meter. and not something from 1998. (or at least disclosed before hand that it was form 1998) Saying something has 2 hours of use on it would lead me to believe that it was relatively new. (year tops!). NOT over a decade old!!

    NOW-

    Bridge, i think posting of the entire emails and PM's were distasteful. i understand your frustration, but i was under the impression that you were going to just post "relevant info" regarding the facts of the trades. i think it could have been handled a little more professionally than that.

    mark, bluee DPSS lasers almost all of the time have offset beams exiting from the aperture. if it is jellybeaning, than that is an issue that should be addressed. but again, the attacks going back and forth here really should NOT be escalated this much.

    bridge, i wish i was aware of what you were going to post before hand. i would have told you not to post ENTIRE emails/PM's. i would have tried to edit out and quote just the pertinent information which pertained to the facts of this trade going bad.

    in my honest opinion, i dont think EITHER bridge NOR Mark did anything to PURPOSELY deceive the other. i think that 95% of the negative outcome of this trade came becasue of #1- the misleading (not intentional misleading) description of the products at hand. #2- the back and forth and back and forth and back and forth correspondences with different options and different ipgrades and possible other trades and possible this's and possible that's. #3- the Language barrier. i honestly think alot of this assuming and interpretations of what should be expected may have been "lost in translation."

    i propose the following-

    1. delete this thread completely. i dont think EITHER person deserves some of the accusations that are being tossed around here. you are BOTH respected members of this community.

    2. if both parties are still dissatisfied with the trade then Mark...send me the blue laser to send back to bridge. and bridge- send me the meter to send back to mark. i will play "middleman" to make sure both parties receive their property. (or you can choose a different third party. i really dont care).

    3. if both bridge and mark are in agreement, then keep each others property and assume the trade as complete and a matter of a learning experience to maybe involve a third party when dealing with higher valued trades. ESPECIALLY with a language/communiction barrier. if this is the route taken, then EVERYONE should assume that this trade has been completed SUCCESSFULLY and that the parties involved agreed to disagree.

    4. i think maybe BOTH should publically apologize for some of the "trashing" that took place. NEITHER of you deserve that. fustration and emotions ESPECIALLY on a forum like ours should never get to a point where a persons reputation is harmed over something as silly as misunderstandings or minor disagreements.

    bridge and mark...

    i think you 2 should talk PRIVATELY through either PM or email for a day or so. see if you can work this out. i think this can very easily come to a happy ending if calm heads prevail!! youre both good men, and both have very good reputations here. lets not get all crazy over something as "fixable" as a diststeful trade.

    -Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

    ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

    Authorized Dealer for:

    • Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

    FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems


  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,131

    Default

    Hello Marc,

    The Actual Coherent TOP Laser power meter is new not from 1998.I sent Bridge several pictures of it all,
    Even the extra components i have sent him to sweeten the output power of the laser (473nm)!
    China held the delivery for some time(2 weeks)So Bridge says?cannot confirm actual delivery, ,surprises me that he did not say is my fault too!

    I have offered several times to replace the power head.

    I am doing my best to make people happy!

    I must say again that damage to the center of that puck was not there when I shipped it!
    Last edited by Lasernerd; 05-11-2009 at 08:59.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,478

    Default

    what does bridge have a picture of from 1998? its the head right? or is it the meter? the cal sticker says 1998 also.

    the scratches in the middle may have been overllooked prior to shipping. i know for a fact bridge ould not have purposely scrateched the head to prove a point.

    again, in my opinion, these are minor issues that can be dealt with. perhaps ship me the new head (i will confirm with bridge or he can confirm here) and i will have bridge send me the scratched head...??

    lets work this out.

    -Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

    ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

    Authorized Dealer for:

    • Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

    FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems


  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    what does bridge have a picture of from 1998? its the head right? or is it the meter? the cal sticker says 1998 also.

    the scratches in the middle may have been overllooked prior to shipping. i know for a fact bridge ould not have purposely scrateched the head to prove a point.

    again, in my opinion, these are minor issues that can be dealt with. perhaps ship me the new head (i will confirm with bridge or he can confirm here) and i will have bridge send me the scratched head...??

    lets work this out.

    -Marc
    That is the power head dongle,

    I will be more than happy to replace the power head as soon as I receive the (issue) power head

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,147,488,805

    Cool

    Really surprised that Bridge hasn't answered yet. (He's logged on several times since this was posted.)

    But Marc (Gottaluvlasers, that is), I agree with what you are saying. I, too, thought the meter and head was brand new. However, Mark (that is, LaserNerd) was absolutely correct - his listing does say "used head". We both missed that one.

    Having said that, I seriously doubt that those scratches will affect the usability of the meter. One PL member even mentioned that he used to hold a lit cigarette lighter to the face of one of those detectors to cover it in soot to get more consistent readings. If it can withstand that sort of abuse, a little surface scratch isn't going to harm it.

    Besides, LaserNerd has agreed to replace the head with a different one (presumably in better condition). So at this point Bridge needs to decide what he wants to do.

    Bridge?

    Adam

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •