Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PL Code of Ethics

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Thumbs down

And so you dribble on .... (and taking it upon yourself to speak for everyone on the forum)

Do you see me whining on about my "Sub Name"?

Do you see me banging on about some ancient argument that only 2 people in the entire universe give a flying fuck about?

Do you ever look down from your high horse and wonder what "ordinary people" think?

Just give it a rest and move on with your life.

Everyone else on this forum has.

Name:	canstock5556025.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	8.1 KB 
ID:	40535

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    And so you dribble on .... (and taking it upon yourself to speak for everyone on the forum)

Do you see me whining on about my "Sub Name"?

Do you see me banging on about some ancient argument that only 2 people in the entire universe give a flying fuck about?

Do you ever look down from your high horse and wonder what "ordinary people" think?

Just give it a rest and move on with your life.

Everyone else on this forum has.

Been there. Done that. Got the T shirt.

Several other people have already chimed in with support for not furthering the issues of the past, on this forum and in person at SELEM 2013.

If the tag line below your screen name is something that the admin put there beyond your concent or control, then that doesn't really fit it with his own self-described "humble janitor" position in this forum.

It's playing games with other peoples feelings and reputations.

That sucks and it should be seen as offensive to anyone on this forum.

There is such a thing as a joke. And there is a joke gone way too far.

James.
    Last edited by james; 10-17-2013 at 12:15.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

LOL, you guys providing a demonstration of how to be ass-hats?

Just like the 2000 year old religeous battles of the middle east, I simply don't give a flying fuck about your history. Drop it, make up, destroy each other, what ever. Just do it quickly and quietly.
    This space for rent.

Admin changes my status to Senior Member, problem solved. So simple.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

The way I see it is this:
    (As if that matters much)
    When people see the technically still banned bit, they might find it funny, but above all they will wonder why it's there. There's no point in splitting hairs over how different people react, we're different, so nuff said.

What IS interesting to me is that in mediaeval times, if a baker made a bad loaf a couple too many times, he'd be strung with a rotten loaf or two round his neck, tied to the stocks or made to walk up and down the high street while disgruntled bread-eaters got the chance to lob their own rotten loaves at him.

But they only did this for one day.

And if the baker has subsequently been making good bread, then it makes less than no sense to leave a rotten loaf round his neck that he cannot freely remove himself.

Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

I know you are not finding this amusing James but others are. There is probably a whole gamut of emotions caused by both your sub-heading and the arguments that are going on in here - actually IN the PL Code of Ethics thread! It is all a matter of perspective.

As has been suggested before, it's best to take it on the chin, especially if you believe that it is Scadenfreude. No negative reaction or suffering - no Scadenfreude. Unfortunately, bringing the issue up may have re-invigorated whatever the reason is for it's non-removal.
    Maybe Admin is waiting for enlightenment

Keith

James, dragging ancient history back up would get you an even worse post status on certain forums I could mention. Live with it.
    In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But in poetry, it's the exact opposite - Paul Dirac

I'm not dragging up any ancient history. I didn't change my status. Admin did that. I don't know why. My first reaction was to change my signature. I thought that might take some of the steam out of it. That was a long time ago, well before SELEM. I thought I might see admin there but he didn't go. I'm just tired of it. I would never do that to anyone. If I have an issue with someone I try to talk to them about it. What does any of this serve?
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials