Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: PL Code of Ethics

Laser Warning PL Code of Ethics

* Rough Draft PL.COE.01: *
    0.0.0> This document should not have to exist.
    1.0.0> Don't be an ass-hat.
    2.0.0> Moderate thyself.
    2.1.0> Loop 0.0, 1.0 and 2.0 until it sticks.
    3.0.0> Ass-hat and ass-hattery is defined by the Janitor-on-staff at his sole discretion.
    3.1.0> Pissing off people and instilling riots is a good first step at being an ass-hat.
    3.2.0> You are not a unique and beautiful flower of the Universe and PL will do just fine without you.
    3.2.1> PL is a machine and subsequently will not lose sleep over your hissy fit; So kindly do not have it on PL.
    3.2.2> Members of PL are human and subsequently might lose sleep over your hissy fit; So kindly do not have it on PL.
    3.2.3> You are a member of PL. Act the part.
    3.2.4> You have the freedom to join however this should not be interpreted as freedom to be an ass-hat.
    4.0.0> Janitorial Services has at it's disposal the internet equivalent of nuclear armament.
    4.1.0> The Janitor-on-staff believes that everyone here is a capable of being a responsible adult and can solve problems like responsible adults.
    4.2._> Good number.
    4.2.0> Added for the sake of the new 3 digit structure. Not to be interpreted as you think.
    5.0.0> If Janitorial services are called; Something is already wrong.
    6.0.0> If Janitorial services are required; You are not acting like adults.
    7.0.0> If Janitorial services are utilized; Everyone loses.
    8.0.0> Do not even attempt to use the Janitor-on-staff to solve personal disputes.
    8.1.0> Take it to Private message land any bleed-over will be dealt with publicly and harshly.
    9.0.0> This document is subject to revision.
    9.1.0> DZ is a funny drunk.
    9.2.0> Is not a good version of MacOS
    Last edited by Admin; 06-30-2010 at 14:27.

I consider this a living document; Reply with additions/suggestions/etc below

Lightbulb

Buffo is also a funny drunk, although he seems to have more practice than DZ and is probably not as funny, but since DZ couldn't make it to FLEM 6; we got drunk without him... and it was funny.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

9.2.0 Laser Enthusiast Meetings (LEMs) attendance is recommended...

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by daedal View Post
    9.2.0 Laser Enthusiast Meetings (LEMs) attendance is recommended...

--DDL
    9.2.1 The Janitor's attendance should be required at all LEMs...

7.0.1 A curious game. The only way to win is not to play.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic View Post
    7.0.1 A curious game. The only way to win is not to play.
    Hello, Joshua...War Games...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Well, even if I overlook all that stupid issue, could not anybody banned from the forum use different computer and username to get here again?

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

True but most of us have a certain style and anyone rejoining would eventually make themselves known either by writing style or by behaviour (attacks, snide remarks etc.).
    Perhaps another forum guideline should be along the lines of ;
    "If your account is banned for whatever reason then joining again is a directly bannable action. Banned means Banned".

But I suspect our poor admin has been trying to avoid rules etc. for this exact reason.
    Once you start to state some, the amount quickly escalates to cover any/all eventualities

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    But I suspect our poor admin has been trying to avoid rules etc. for this exact reason.
    Once you start to state some, the amount quickly escalates to cover any/all eventualities

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
    Nope. Though your sig has it right. Spec (the Venerable Janitor) doesn't make many rules, he just defines what is and is not an asshat. That's workable as he's the host. Two things make it work. One is vigiilance. Nothing worse than a host who really doesn't care. He does. Second is a group of people who value that host and support that. Irate insiders, and questioning outsiders might see that as a clique but it isn't, it's just a group of people with a focus. I've seen a forum slowly decline and rot like a galaxy whose central black hole evaporated and ceased to hold the centre. Infighting and alienation spreads, and familiarity breeds contempt in those who hang on. But this place isn'rt based on a major (but transient) internet meme like that one was, so there's no reason its focus should fail, so I doubt the strife will destroy it. Better that people get a chance to speak their minds at times. People will come and go, but the only thing that can wreck it is if they get caught in the drama because they're too bored or too hasty to register what else is going on. Actually I think if people want gaudy lights rather than respecting the less obvious and spectacular efforts that help people make laser stuff, especially those that can't just afford to pay money for fast gratification, then it will be even stronger and more immune to infighting than it is now. But that last bit is just my opinion not observation like the earlier stuff so I'll stop.