Thread: Delete Post option in edit....

Default Delete Post option in edit....

Hey Robert!
    Can we get a "delete post" button under "edit" for mistakes? It can be a soft delete so you can still read what was deleted. That's the way we do it on another vbulletin forum I moderate. It really helps when you make a stupid mistake.
    Thanks!
    Adam
    Last edited by 300EVIL; 05-28-2009 at 23:22.

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    Hey Robert!
    Can we get a "delete post" button under "edit" for mistakes? It can be a soft delete so you can still read what was deleted. That's the way we do it on another vbulletin forum I moderate. It really helps when you make a stupid mistake.
    Thanks!
    Adam
    Hi Adam

It's already there...

Click on 'Edit' and click one of the following buttons in the edit menu... Save - Go Advanced - DELETE - Cancel

Just click the delete button and you get an option to delete the message and give a reason for deletion

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Hi Adam

It's already there...

Click on 'Edit' and click one of the following buttons in the edit menu... Save - Go Advanced - DELETE - Cancel

Just click the delete button and you get an option to delete the message and give a reason for deletion

Jem
    HUH..... You must be in the secret "super best friends" club Jem. I'm just not seeing that "Delete" option.

Last edited by 300EVIL; 05-28-2009 at 23:39.

It used to be there as I'm sure I've used in the past I'm sure but I must admit I wanted to remove something recently and I couldn't find it. I personally prefer boards that allow total hard editing as sometimes there are reasons why you might want to go back and delete even old posts.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

I guess I'm in the Secret Super Best Friends club too.

Are you clicking the button on the bottom right of your post?