Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Devil's comming down to Georgia...

Smile

It plays a role, but not in a big way. I read *lots* of threads every day that I never post in.

I just like to keep on top of things. You'd be surprised at some of the pearls I've found 40 or 60 posts deep into a thread that started out with an uninteresting title. It really pays to read them all.

Adam

I agree. Take my CVL thread for instance. It started out with a little technical information and shifted over to really interesting stories of people electrocuting themselves.

The one about the guy in a tie-dye shirt was especially interesting.

I'm sure it will get back on track once I make some progress on the actual CVL.

-Jonathan

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    I agree. Take my CVL thread for instance. It started out with a little technical information and shifted over to really interesting stories of people electrocuting themselves. The one about the guy in a tie-dye shirt was especially interesting.
    Wise ass!

Seriously though, you should have been there when it happened. As you already know, I have a loud voice. You should hear me when I get shocked though. The volume level triples, and my pitch jumps at least an octave or so. Conversation *STOPPED* in the room, which was good because it made it even easier for everyone to hear the string of profanity that followed.

What's that saying? Anything that doesn't kill you makes you swear like a sailor? Something like that anyway!
    I'm sure it will get back on track once I make some progress on the actual CVL.
    Well, be sure to tune in on June 27th for FLEM version 7. Clandestiny will have his small CVL there (the one he just bought from that guy in Charleston), and we're going to try to fire it. (I will not be going near it, btw. If I get shocked by that thing it will kill me!)

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    . . .Well, be sure to tune in on June 27th for FLEM version 7. Clandestiny will have his small CVL there (the one he just bought from that guy in Charleston), and we're going to try to fire it. (I will not be going near it, btw. If I get shocked by that thing it will kill me!)

Adam
    I will try to check that out. I'm told lasers like that go through pop-cans in seconds.

-Jonathan

Default You left out one important feature........

Adam,
    The train........the train.........there's a train. My husband Bob's parents lived there and everytime we went to Stone Mt. Matthew rode the train. We also went to Kennesaw, happened to be there the weekend they were having a Civil War re-enactment. The aquarium I've heard is really awesome. That's great about the new copy shop. Cat

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    STONE MOUNTAIN Laser Show....

Keep in mind the second KKK (1915) was founded on top of the mountain, but take the time to see the Laser show, and ride a Duck.

At the end of the show, Lee dismounts, looks at the wounded soldiers from both sides, breaks his sword over his knee in disgust.....

That is not the way it happened, but other then that little bit of political theatre, its a good show.

Its the South's version of Mt Rushmore, with a little bit of theme park but no rides. Don't buy the marketing hype, Rushmore is far bigger and 3D.
    But done by the same sculpter.

Take a blanket, the seating is a sloped grassy knoll....

Get as close to the booth as you can, but sit away from it (30-40 feet) East along the fence. you'll see why when the show runs. For a good part of the show you'll be looking over your shoulder. Hint, the show is not from the antibellum building at the top of the hill, but things do happen there. Any more details would be a spoiler.

Staff was friendly, possible tour, take pics please...

The laser booth rises out of the ground on hydraulics, or it did at one time.

Steve