Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9 pair of scanners in the test.

Quote Originally Posted by -bart- View Post
    Did anyone else notice how the grandfather of scanning GS120DT keeps up with so called modern products ?
    yes but those are quality galvo's not cheap chinese toys
    Do not look into laser with remaining eye
    Need laser repair contact me !!!!!!

A test like this should not need specially tuned scanners. Its a kind of buyers guide for scanners and if a supplier dont want to send out tuned sets then its his problem if the results look bad.

You buy a new car and dont need to go and tune its motor, now before I hear Oh you can fine tune a car for better performance, yes of course but it will be delivered as stated 50Bhp not 27Bhp. Urm, well in most cases.

If for example Laserworld sell 50K scanners then they should be delivered capable at the sold specification and not require tuning. The scan tests look great, I did one a few years ago to establish the best options for scan driver.

Anyway, all said and done these scanner figures are missleading just as total power of lasers are.

Here's a new one, its called ILDA Laser Projector real Power. Means how much power can leave the projector, not the sum of the internal devices power as some producers specify.

So remember that the ILDA LPP figures and the 8 vs 45 angles.

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    I agree with you Bart. I bought the raytrack35 and the quality is very good. If a company put more time in adjusting the scanners and the quality is better it says something about the company i think.
    The raytracks are slightly more expensive but it has a scanfailure board so that evens it out i guess
    There's definitely a lot to be said for factory tuning as not everyone wants to try to tune the scanners themselves. eg. I would always buy DT's over Scan Pros even though Scan Pro's have a reputation on here for being a step above the DT's, simply because they come pre-tuned and I don't want to spend hours tuning and risk detuning them beyond repair.

However, in the context of a performance test, all the scanners need to be tuned to even the playing field and show their true potential as that's the only way to measure true performance.

That doesn't mean however, that factory state tuning shouldn't be mentioned and demonstrated in a review before the tuned section because it is something that's going to be a big choice factor for many. Some will give up ultimate performance for factory state convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by jian725 View Post
    Gento:
    If post the scanner's pictures to top,not the model of number only better.

Jian

PS.
    If the scanner is bad,never be able to tuned a good laser image.
    Like the CS-40K of waves,that is a serious problem,if can't eliminate
    would be creat more heat,soon the galvo die
    The waves are harmless and disturb only the optics.

The scholars argue about reasons:

1) Reflecting resonances.
    2) ''Ball bearing'' play

Gento

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    eg. I would always buy DT's over Scan Pros even though Scan Pro's have a reputation on here for being a step above the DT's, simply because they come pre-tuned and I don't want to spend hours tuning and risk detuning them beyond repair.

And what do you base that statement on? Have you even tried a set of 30/40/50k? They are always pre-tuned to a high standard..
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/