Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any laser-related events around Ft. Lewis, WA?

Default Any laser-related events around Ft. Lewis, WA?

Well, it looks like sometime over the next week or two, I'll be heading to Ft. Lewis, WA to spend some time with Uncle Sam's boys & gals. I'll probably be there for two weeks, and SHOULD have the middle weekend free.

Any laser-related weekend events within a relatively short drive of the area? In lieu of that, any "must see" recommendations for my 1 free weekend in the area? This will be my first visit to that particular part of the U.S.

Thanks!

Randy
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Randy,

There's the Seatlle Laser Dome at the Pacific Science
    Center. It's been years since I was last there, but they have matinees & evening shows, and it is a dedicated "laser show theatre". Defintely the biggest dome I've seen a laser show in.

You may also want to check out Whidbey Island and Deception Pass. The piers and Pike's Place Market and Space Needle in Seatlle may be of interest as well. Looks like it about an hour to Seattle.

Greg

Wow, you're going to be in my neck of the woods! I live 2 hours south in Vancouver.

In Portland, (across the river in Oregon), we have the Murdock Sky Theater at the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) where they do themed laser shows including Pink Floyd, The Beatles and others. I've never been there though, so I can't speak on whether it's awesome or not.

-Jonathan

Hey I'm in too!! I'm about an hour away from Ft. Lewis!!!!

They also do laser shows at the laserdome in Seattle, they are pretty cool!! My only complaint is that they could use a bit more 'beams'. It's very graphically intensive, lots of lumia etc etc

Cool!

It looks like I'll need to plan an excursion to Seattle while I'm there!

Right now, our schedule has us traveling to Ft. Lewis on June 15, and returning on the 27.
    We SHOULD (not guaranteed) have the weekend (20 & 21) off, so I should have a bit of time to check out the sites. If the opportunity is right, I definitely want to take in a "pro" laser show while I'm out there!

I might try to sneak my QM2000.net into the laptop bag to keep me occupied while I'm camping out in a hotel room...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

sounds good. I'll definitely meet up with you in seattle for a laser show if you're up for it

Works for me - I'll be able to firm up some plans once I actually spend a few days on site.

Anyone else up for a Seattle Laserdome mini-LEM?
    RR

Sweet.....

I'd like to, but I'll be camping that weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    I'd like to, but I'll be camping that weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by GooeyGus View Post
    That was eerily fast...