Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MAMBA BLACK V2 released

Default MAMBA BLACK V2 released

just got this from Dirk

looks good from what it discribes

seems Ol Grumpy has been very very busy ... well done mate

The new Mamba 2.0 laser show software is finally here! Many things have changed since the last release of Mamba Black software, and we are pleased to announce, that Mamba 2.0 has drastically changed in the internal code, but stays the same in the user interface, for full compatibility. Many code segments have been rewritten and replaced by entirely new and fast code. Many new powerful features have been added, including an entirely new look to the multiple user interface skins. The use has the ability to chose from more than 30 different skins, while the basic layout of Mamba stays the same.

Based on the well known and top selling Mamba Black software, Mamba 2.0 continues with the same ease of use, the same style of handling arrangement, and full downward compatibility, but many new, exciting and powerful features!

Find below more information about the new Mamba 2.0 features:

+ Full DMX control on timeline

The new DMX features allows to place unlimited events on the timeline. Each event controls up to 16 DMX channels at the same time, each timeline holds maximum of 512 channels, and can be routed to any USB interface that is connected to the computer. This means 512 channels PER interface! Four interfaces, 4x 512 channels – 4x independent lines of DMX 512 each! Of course, you can use DMX parallel to your existing laser show programming.

+ Design rule check

If you are an experienced show designer, you will love to hear about this exciting feature! If you are an inexperienced show designer, you will simply NEED it! DRC will check your show for any inconsistancy, collisions of effects, gaps between frames on the timeline, and much more, and will give you an enhanced feedback of possible errors. By simply klicking on the error, your cursor jumps to the error position. It is your choice then, to fix the error, or to see it as an artistic effect.

+ Variable skins

A major feature of this update is the user adaptable skin, to change the look and feel of your Mamba 2.0 drastically to your personal choice. More than 30 ready-to-go skins are included, and the user is able to design his own skin and color layout.

+ Enhanced LAN interfacing

Mamba 2.0 leads forward in LAN interfacing of your projector. The new LAN interface and playback card allows integration in existing projectors, and eliminates all analog control signal wires to your projector. A simple CAT 5 LAN cable will do! And itīs more than that: Interface multiple independent projectors to one LAN line, by simply using a standard low-cost network switch – up to 16 projectors on one LAN line!

+ Automatic playlist

This tool is just at the beginning of itīs creation, and therefore is quite simple at this time. We will work on this for one of the next updates. The user designs his own playlist, which automatically loads all shows in a playback sequence. This is very important for trade shows, promotion or advertising displays.

+ Live! interface for multiple projectors

With the existing Live! interface of Mamba Black, one laser projector was installed for playback. Mamba 2.0 now offers unlimited projector mapping, while each projector holds one independent cue list. Furthermore, the Midi-interfacing was greatly revised.

+ Automatic screen dimmer

The automatic screen dimmer, if activated in the settings, dims the screen after pressing the play button for a laser show. Brightness is significantly reduced for less disturbing ambient light in dark studios or demo rooms.

+ 30 free shows

With lots of new shows included, Mamba 2.0 now holds 30 free laser shows, including brand new 2009 releases!

More information, including screen shows, will be available within the next few days on our website.

with kind regards / mit freundlichen Gruessen

Dirk Baur

all the best .. Karl

Interesting - I will go and have a sniff

EDIT - Now't on their website as of yet.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

I cant seem to find any info online...does anyone have any links ???

Cool

Any news on what the upgrade path from 1.9x to 2.0 will be? Wonder if there will be a fee involved...

Adam

Apparently there will be a Fee for an upgrade.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Yes there will be a fee to upgrade, was told that by Old Grumpy.

Sounds good though, not sure about the skinning, never liked that idea with software, except maybe music/video players.

Onge
    350mW RGB, 180mW RGY Moving Head, 180mW RGY, 10mW Green, 5mw Green, 4x5mW Red
    Mamba Black 1.96 and MediaLas USB DAC, DMX SD DAC
    Just Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute

I too find skins such a pointless waste of time - I would rater developers spend time making things work well and effecivley than rubbish like this.
    As for the release - I hope ML dont make the same mistake they did in Dec 2007...remember the 'mega Mamba update available NOW' page. I think the first issues of that version were 4-5 weeks after the registrations started with no confirmation of your registration. 2.0 is clearly not here - or we would have it. Simple. Isnt it better to be 110% ready put it up on the website THEN announce it? People will only get pissed off again if there is another wait involved - that is the ones who are still holding out for Mamba and have not migrated.
    I am really looking forward to the new version - OG's from scratch version will be mega compared to previous versions - cant wait (I just hope we dont have to....)

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

I completely agree with you Rob on the Skins issue - time much better spent on other things i.e. Abstract generator, true sound to light, Live player GUI etc
    I also hope we are able to evaluate the SW before purchasing it and that it isn't just an upgrade for existing users with no facility to try/test first.

Jim

PS - If it's been released, where is it???????
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Well its now shown on the ML website and I have recieved an email about it
    the price for upgrade is 120 Euro if you want an e-upgrade with no extra shows or 150 Euro for CD with 30 shows

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Hi,

I completely agree with Rob and jim!
    No abstract generator, no image masking, no color mapping, no graphical Live player, manual preview window size,:-(
    Do you know Frame editor,new features?
    It's good Automatical paylist and 30 free show, and new software code:-)

whiteg
    Last edited by whiteg; 06-08-2009 at 11:46.