Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: self sealing water hose and fittings

Default self sealing water hose and fittings

Need to find a suppler of some water connectors for a laser chiller.

I want to be able to remove the two hoses from the chiller to the head with minuimal losses

The tubes are 10mm inside diamiter and 4 meters each.

The connectors must be none metalic and not contain any solvents or greece that could be exposed to the cooling water.

I will take a look at those sites. Thanks.

its not a specific kind of chiller, just one we cobbled together from lots of parts. Has over temp detect, low water level detect, flow sensor, particle filter. One portable unit on wheels. Just need to allow it to stay portable with these disconnecable hoses.

Its turning out to be more comlex than I started out thinking, now I find its good to slow start the water pump. I guess I need a AC motor controller next. Pffff more money.

Best Regards

Andy

How big of a pump are we talking? How many horsepower? I'm guessing they use 220-240VAC service in Romania.

not so big in terms of size but its heavy.

http://www.usmotors.com/FL600/CarbonatorPump.pdf

its the catalog number 6079.

yes we have 220V here

what I want to do is slow start it or even better link it to the cooling system so the water flow can be somehow regulated according to its heat.

You will struggle controlling the speed of that motor. It is an induction motor so runs locked to the speed of the supply frequency.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

If your interested in these connectors, they're yours at no cost just shipping.
    CPC Colder, industrial non spill.
    panel mount quick disconnect.
    Bafta

Hi Andy

im sure you also realise that using self sealing connectors means that if someone disconnects the hoses whilst the pump is running the hoses will become pressurised and seals could blow ... so it maybe worth fitting a presure relief valve that diverts the pump flow back to the return

hope it all goes well

all the best .. Karl

try an aquarium shop. they have self sealing fittings for external water filter systems.
    1.5W RGB internal FB3 scanpro 30's
    500mW RGB scanpro 20's
    300mW 532nM scanpro 20's
    600mW RG 4 head

Livepro + FB3XE

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai View Post
    Hi Andy

im sure you also realise that using self sealing connectors means that if someone disconnects the hoses whilst the pump is running the hoses will become pressurised and seals could blow ... so it maybe worth fitting a presure relief valve that diverts the pump flow back to the return

hope it all goes well

all the best .. Karl

Good point karl, I can also stop the pump if over pressure and put that to be part of the regualar interlocks.