Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: News from Pangolin

I can't even find that
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Quote Originally Posted by Speculative Lasers - Dan View Post
    i see to access you need to register with an LD serial number, what about an FB serial?
    Sure, either way. We can tell the difference .

Also, really we'd rather people not sign up yet. Just wait until it is ready. We'll put a post on this forum and our other forum once we're ready...

Bill

Hey, in the youtube overview video from Pangolin, is that a new unreleased version of QuickShow? I downloaded the latest version just before and it seems to be missing a few things in the video like a few of the QuickFX etc ?

Interesting, the version I have here has QuickFX.

Then again, I had problems trying to get any version of QS to work on my FB3. (Even the version on Pangolin's website would not work)

It works perfectly, now, thankfully. :}

Default Beam Brush

Remember Pangolin announcing Beam Brush? Where is it?
    Btw... seems like Cambridge Technologies has something like that already.
    http://camtech.com/products/DFM/dfm.html

Beam brush is out but only available to OEM manufacturers as I understand it due to the complexity of setting it up correctly.

As for the Cambridge link, I'm not sure its the same thing. From memory, the purpose of the beam brush is to increase the beam width by means of an oscillating mirror that spreads the beam and increases its width / divergence, a bit like shaking a torch from side to side but much faster and more accurately controlled. It appears that what Cambridge are talking about is a device that enables 3 Dimensional scanning in X, Y and Z planes.

I believe that's the same thing... If memory serves me right, during the presentation Bill referred to the beam size as the third dimension of control.

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

Hehe. No, it's not the same thing although it serves a vaguely similar purpose...

This uses a scanner (which is clearly visible) coupled to a taught band, to move a lens along a track with roller bearings. There is friction involved, and this thing is really pretty slow.

Ours does not use bearings. It uses a complex flexure system (hehe, that's getting more complex all the time) and it is really very fast. Our system does not use a scanner (rotary motor) and instead uses a linear motor technique.

Ours is as fast as lightshow scanning, but Cambridges is much slower -- as far as I know it is not even as fast as typical industrial scanners which are much slower than light show scanners.

Bill

Sorry Bill, I did not mean to imply they are the same. I should have quoted what I was referring to in my previous post. I just do recall you referring to the focusing/blurring of the beam as the third dimension of control. Please correct me if I was wrong.

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

But the primary question still was'nt answered yet:
    Where / when available?