Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: News from Pangolin

Awesome, Bill!

Thanks for sharing this GREAT info - looking forward to checking out the new updates when they're available!!

Quote Originally Posted by mophead View Post
    Wow. Kick ass . Thanks Bill.

When I first started this hobby several months ago, everyone kept suggesting Pangolin. I continue to see why. I was looking for something cheap; Pangolin is not cheap but by far the best value.

Bill, nevermind our conversation about trading in my FB3. Believe I'll hang on to it awhile in addition to LD2000 in a few months.

Thanks again.
    Us Southern boys think alike -
    I'm really glad now that I held on to my FB3 after I got my LD2000!!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

so.. where's the download link??
    +1

searched the Pangolin site, only found references to the user meet

C'mon c'mon c'mon, you can't drop a nugget like that and not have something for people to get all gooey over!

Fantastic!
    Can't wait to try the new software.
    I really do hope that it doesn't make LivePro redundant; that would be a shame.

How come it's out for the FB3 first? I would have thought LD2000 folks would have got at it first. (but I'm not complaining! )

Didn't take someone long to find that.

I detected 4 Trojan scripts in the Flash and now can't load the flash properly because Kaspersky has blocked it.

I can see the shows but download just results in a blank page so I'm presuming this is a test site and someone has uploaded something malicious upon finding it.

EDIT: I just got the address links out of Kaspersky:

http://yournameshop.cnDO-NOT-CLICK-ON-ME-JUST-IN-CASE

Should have disabled the link. Also had a port value 8080 and some further info to the link which I shortened for safety also.

One attempt used a flash file the other tried to load a harmful .pdf. 4 attempts total using different Trojans.
    Last edited by White-Light; 06-09-2009 at 10:10.

If I were at Pangolin, I would hire a serious web programmer..

Perhaps it was a bit premature of me to post that ... but i was all excited .... in fact the whole of this last weekend has been really exciting and cool ... thanks to Bill and the rest of the Ilda guys im still on this amazing high brought about by being under the influence of photons

Bill did mention that the Pangolin server had received some unwanted attention from a hacker last week ... and they are in the process of moving it to another server

The PangolinShows portal was setup so Pangolin users can upload and share shows with other Pangolin Users

What i was suprised about is the amount of work that Pangolin have to do to each show thats uploaded...
    they first have to check the show to verify that the content does not break any copyright rules and is all original work by the uploader .... they also have to run the show to make sure that its audience safe and does not have any stray or stationary beams directed towards eyes etc

because of this it wont be a realtime upload download server ... like out FTP site ... im sure everyone understands the commercial implications of this

oh and yes ... this is a test site at the moment ... but it does allow you to sign up etc

all the best .... Karl

PS ... i think Bills gonna revoke my livepro licence ... cos i cant keep my gob shut
    Last edited by Banthai; 06-09-2009 at 11:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai View Post
    Perhaps it was a bit premature of me to post that ... but i was all excited .... in fact the whole of this last weekend has been really exciting and cool ... thanks to Bill and the rest of the Ilda guys im still on this amazing high brought about by being under the influence of photons

Bill did mention that the Pangolin server had recieved some unwanted attention from a hacker last week ... and they are in the process of moving it to another server

The PangolinShows portal was setup so Pangolin users can upload and share shows with other Pangolin Users

What i was suprised about is the amount of work that Pangolin have to do to each show thats uploaded...
    they first have to check the show to verify that the content does not break any copyright rules and is all original work by the uploader .... they also have to run the show to make sure that its audience safe and does not have any stray or stationary beams directed towards eyes etc

because of this it wont be a realtime upload download server ... like out FTP site ... im sure everyone understands the commercial implications of this

oh and yes ... this is a test site at the moment ... but it does allow you to sign up etc

all the best .... Karl

PS ... i think Bills gonna revoke my livepro licence ... cos i cant keep my gob shut

I clicked the link and my antivirus threw a fit! Nuked it though
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Ok guys sorry about that ...

i have removed the link ... until its all sorted

but it will be cool when its all up and running

all the best .. Karl

regarding "Light Converse", check out http://lightconverse.net/lc/download-l.htm There is a Pangolin OEM Version of the Software for download. Anyone tried this already??? John

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai View Post
    Ok guys sorry about that ...

i have removed the link ... until its all sorted

but it will be cool when its all up and running

all the best .. Karl
    Oops, already signed up...
    Last edited by allthatwhichis; 06-10-2009 at 15:27.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin