Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Kvant makes me jizz in my pants

Quote Originally Posted by -bart- View Post
    Out of curiosity, Jeroen, is there a lasermatrix personality for visual-dmx yet?
    If companies like Showtacle would put full information including user manuals, spec-sheet and DMX-table on their website,controller-manufacturers would be able to support the devices. ... Unfortunately it seems to be more common to NOT put full information and user manuals on websites I get the impression..

Of course there is quite extensive manual for LaserMatrix available. Since the device is easiest to be controlled using Fiesta, it is included in Fiesta directly. Fiesta allows user to create movements for LaserMatrix in a few seconds. Then it is possible to use them in live mode just by choosing scenes or it is even possible to synchronize the movements with show - there is a special track for the LaserMatrix in Fiesta.

And of course, since the LaserMatrix is using ILDA inputs, you can use any laser effects, not just some cones and planes. Even we think, usually the simple effects are nicer for beam laser shows with many laser systems.

Using LaserMatrix with some other DMX controller is also quite easy, even it needs 80 DMX channels - 10 for every output. The DMX channels for one output:

1 ILDA Input
    Set which of one ILDA inputs should be used for this output:
    0-63 – ILDA Input 1
    64 – 127 – ILDA Input 2
    128 – 195 – ILDA Input 3
    196 – 255 – ILDA Input 4

2 Size X High - High 8 bites of size X.
    3 Size X Low- Low 8 bites of size X.
    4 Size Y High - High 8 bites of size Y.
    5 Size Y Low - Low 8 bites of size Y.
    6 Position X High - High 8 bites of position X.
    7 Position X Low - Low 8 bites of position X.
    8 Position Y High - High 8 bites of position Y.
    9 Position Y Low - Low 8 bites of position Y.
    10 Brightness - Brightness of output – 255 is maximum.

Just found the show I wanted to post earlier in this topic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqoCUYvibHg&fmt=18

That's a movinglights-only-show. Looks far more impressive than the posted iBiza lasershow. And it's about 1/20th of the price.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqaX8K8F3b0&fmt=18

> That's a lasershow how lasershows should be (in my opinion) with blasting lasereffects, beams, fingers, everything.
    (Yes, I did that show))

Well in the end it always comes to what you like and what you prefer. For instance, for me those random beams in your show are not so interesting, they are used on almost every trance party. I like precise shapes used in Kvant's show with different movements a lot more.

Cones, every one of them somewhere else and all the lasers work as a "team" creating together interesting composition... also the connection with the music beats is almost perfect, especially in that first video (which is unfortunatelly not available anymore). Maybe in some parts a bit more complicated effects could be used, but well, can you show me a show, which is entirely pefect?

But as I said before, I'm sure there are many people out there, who'll like your show too...

Yes I think the beam divergence is terrible of those moving heads

I agree the Kvant show could be better but stil way more impressive compared to moving head show.

But maybe it's becouse I'm addicted to coherent light.

Nice work Jeroen. I might have to visit one of your gigs.

Default Another jizzfest from Kvant

Spectacular !!!!

Someone spent some serious money on that little lot

http://www.lasershow.sk/videa/Turecko.wmv

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by JeroenVDV View Post
    Just found the show I wanted to post earlier in this topic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqoCUYvibHg&fmt=18

That's a movinglights-only-show. Looks far more impressive than the posted iBiza lasershow. And it's about 1/20th of the price.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqaX8K8F3b0&fmt=18

> That's a lasershow how lasershows should be (in my opinion) with blasting lasereffects, beams, fingers, everything.
    (Yes, I did that show))
    I think you need to look at the scale of each show, i have had the top link you posted there, saved as a sample of awsome moving head and a DMX controlled light show (probbaly a hog or some thing as controller) for some time.

The kvant controlled stuff through fiesta i feel is reasonalable impressive, and i reckon given time you will see some stunning results from the hardware solution, remember the units has only been around for realativly short period. There are some really neat built-in effects in fiesta that were not even touched in this sample show

Quote Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
    Spectacular !!!!

Someone spent some serious money on that little lot

http://www.lasershow.sk/videa/Turecko.wmv

Mark
    It's probably a custom composed sound track, but it's the first time i found a soundtrack really to be annoying.
    Yes it's synchronized , besides that it's utter crap.

The soundtrack is not really my cup of tea either... But I was talking about the synchronisation, sheer laser power (with no artificial smoke) added to the water and pyro effects... All in all pretty good...

Mark