Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fireworks2000

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mikkojay View Post
    Here is an updated version- I got sick of not remembering what number went with what shell type so I made some preview thumbs. You can also now specify a number of salvos 1-10 for repeat shots. You can specify the time between salvos using the track bar.
    -Mike
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Laser Warning

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Live fireworks anyone?

Looks pretty good! If I had that projector, I would show it off at every opportunity too
    I found an issue with memory hogging if you run the app for a long time- I am looking into it. I am also adding an auto mode, so you can just sit back and watch. I seem to be the sucker who gets stuck lighting the mortars at the 4th of July party, so this is a way to let the computer do all that manual labor!
    -Mike

Lightbulb Thank you sir! This is fun to play with.

An easy way to flip through saved settings would be cool; I want to set up different things for the same "cannon" and be able to change through them quickly. Like 10 saved settings for "F1" with different blast patterns and sounds and colors, but all from the same row. An angle dial for each cannon might be interesting also. Is there anyway to play more than one sound at a time? when you play a bunch of them together they cut each other off sometimes. O, there is a bug I think. It don't like to give up the QM too easily do it? When I open the avs plug in, even shortly after iFireworks is open the scanners want to draw around the "canvas" of where everything should be drawn. Could be an issue with vista... I am having the issue that 300evil had with the avs plugin gong full blow in size if LD2000 isn't open at the same time. I keep forgetting to seach for that thread with the fix.

The memory issue I mentioned above is related to sound, so I will mess with that. It seems to play multiple simultaneous sounds OK on my XP system. I am not sure whether or not you can tell from the original youtube clip-
    One important thing is that you should really exit by using the "Exit" button and not by just clicking on the "x" in the corner of the form. This calls a couple of extra things to close the current session. I will need to look and find how to call that code automatically no matter how the form is closed.
    This will be a good one to figure out, not only for this app, but for any app that uses this SDK.
    -Mike

An easy way to flip through saved settings would be cool; I want to set up different things for the same "cannon" and be able to change through them quickly. Like 10 saved settings for "F1" with different blast patterns and sounds and colors, but all from the same row.
    This is actually possible- try this...
    Set up all 10 mortars how you want, then type in a name for a new config and click the save button.
    This will add the new config to the list of available configs.
    Once you have multiple configs, you can click on the config in the list, and it will modify the mortars accordingly. You can toggle configs by moving the up down arrows. Do this while hitting the F keys and it should acheive the desired results.

-Mike

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mikkojay View Post
    Once you have multiple configs, you can click on the config in the list, and it will modify the mortars accordingly. You can toggle configs by moving the up down arrows. Do this while hitting the F keys and it should acheive the desired results.

-Mike
    Thanks Mike; that is my idea but I keep moving the mouse a bit and it moves off the saved config list. A hot key to load the previous or last saved configuation would let one focus more on the cannons than trying to keep the mouse on the config list; but I was doing as you say above last night. I just need to configure the cannons more.

Thumbs up

Ahhh!!! I have found the arrow keys do what I am asking.

Cool

Live fireworks anyone?

allthatwhichis: hehe...nice!!