Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Fireworks2000

Quote Originally Posted by T0mmm View Post
    If one of you can make an easylase --> lumax converter or something, i'd pay you! I really want zoof's lasertennis to work, but i dont have an easylase. neither do i have the API, and neither will laserworld give me any details of the API. (ive emailed them and asked )

</ thread hijack>
    I see the window of opportunity is open!

-Mike

Smile

We demo'd this fireworks program at FLEM, and it was pretty cool. I agree that the sound files need to be cleaned up though. Lots of pops in the originals. But overall, this is very cool. We even had fireworks blasting over the regular music, and the effect was pretty neat!

Keep up the great work, Mike!

Adam

Nice- I hope to have an update soon. The good thing is that anyone who has access to a computer can play with the sound files, and I would have to think "most" of us have a PC . A little Google and a little time is all it would take. You could substitute the sound of a duck quacking for one of the shells if you felt like it, or maybe a guitar strum, or anything wierd you can think of.
    The update I hope to add tonight will have a bug fixed where memory won't be perpetually consumed by the sound files. It will also have an auto mode where you can just sit back and enjoy the show.
    -Mike

Hey Guys,
    Attached is a new update. Just replace your entire fireworks2000 folder with this one. If you saved some config files that you cannot do without, you can copy them into the \config folder since they will still be compatible.
    As you can see from the screenshot, I added a new auto mode that varies between Lame and Insane. I also fixed the memory issue with the sound, so pokey laptops can breathe a little easier.
    I started running out of room, so if you want to change shell color/type, click on the thumbnail image of that shell and it will spawn a new dialog box.

I started adding custom shells, text, and a bunch of wacky stuff, but I figured that I should get a solid version out there for people to use by the 4th. I ran this one for at least 5 minutes in the Insane mode and the Task Manager just bobbled between 25 & 55% cpu without errors. Maybe I can save some stuff for v2 to look forward to next year.

Anyway, please give this one a run and let me know if you lose any fingers.

Thanks, Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails auto_mode.JPG  

taskman.JPG  

Attached Files Attached Files

Dude, that's awesome!!

All I need is a few more lasers and a lot of smoke, and I won't need to buy fireworks this year!!

Thanks!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Exclamation Someone needs to sort out his priorities here...

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    All I need is a few more lasers and a lot of smoke, and I won't need to buy fireworks this year!!
    Say *WHAT*???

Dude - that's heresy! You *always* need fireworks, no matter how many lasers you already have! Use the lasers to light the fireworks if you have to, but don't even THINK about getting rid of the fireworks!

Adam

That's where you get your "lots of smoke"- so do the real ones first, then shoot beams thru the resultant haze. I am actually tempted to try that out at my cabin this year (not pointed straight into the sky of course).

Actually, if all goes as planned (and the weather cooperates), I should have both this year!

Your Fireworks program should be a GREAT lead-in to the "real thing" !!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Thumbs up Fireworks sounds

I did some filming for a company a few yrs back of firworks displays and i have tons of awesome sounds from those.. I will see what i can do to get them extracted and posted to mike for the program! I will keep everythng at 44.1khz 16bitt for compatibility....
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com