Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Concept 1

5 55.56%
  • Concept 2

1 11.11%
  • Undecided

2 22.22%
  • Neither one! I have a better idea that will make you millions!

1 11.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advertising Opinions Needed...

Default Advertising Opinions Needed...

Hey Everyone,
    I'm starting a new marketing program for my product. What I plan on doing is sticking removable stickers on dollar bills and dispersing them into the system. Basically advertising you can't throw away!

Anyway, I have two concepts for the 1 1/2" stickers I plan on producing. While they look similar. Their marketing strategy is completely different. One of them hints at what we are about while the other just leaves the beholder guessing. Which way would you go and why?

Concept 1

Concept 2

Thanks!
    Adam

The one without the description, but is this legal?
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

I personally prefer concept 1 because i wouldn't become 'intrigued' enough to search the name if i saw concept 2's design

concept 2 would work if it was a really well known brand and you were just looking to bring the product back into the front of your audiences minds, kinda thing.

maybe a little subtitle on concept 2's design would be a good compromise? (but then you're heading beck to the informative sticker again! )

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    The one without the description, but is this legal?
    Well, everyone else seems to get away with it. http://adverlab.blogspot.com/2004/11...-on-money.html

Worst case scenario is they throw me in "Club Fed" for 2 years and I get publicity that way. I gotta do something or I'm heading for the street.

I like 1 from a personal standpoint. I would not visit the site for the second, I would think to myself "I'm already green" then not bother.

I vote #1.

I have a better idea. If you are willing for fed time, just do an achi berry type scam. 10^6 hits/ day-1 on facebook if you work it right.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Defacing coin is legal.
    defacing currancy is a no=no

Hence those machines at rest stops that make commemerative coins by rolling a stamp across the coins.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Defacing coin is legal.
    defacing currancy is a no=no

Hence those machines at rest stops that make commemerative coins by rolling a stamp across the coins.

Steve
    Yes, but I'm not exactly defacing. I was originally thinking of using a rubber stamp and ink. My new idea uses a removable sticker. The bill is in no way effected by the advertisement. Besides, their are companies that provide this "sticker service" for marketing. I'd think the feds would go after them before little old me. http://www.gogorillamedia.com/presentations/gomoney.htm

Default In any case...

Make sure your mugshot is unique enough to make it to The Smoking Gun.

It also wouldn't hurt to have one of those T-shirts with some clever catchphrase on it while the photo is taken.

-J

Smile

I like concept #1 - for the same reason others have mentioned: need to know what the product is for.

One thing though - be cautious about making too many health claims if you're marketing it as a dietary supplement. As soon as you make health claims, you land your self in the drug category, and then you have to PROVE efficacy or the FDA will yank the product off the market. Dietary supplements have no such requirements so long as you don't make health claims. It's a fine line...

Adam