Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Flicker" reduction using LD2000...?

Just out of interest (and not sure if this has any relevance ), at the recent UKLEM 4.5 I was running the SMStoLaser program to show to Andy_Con.

My recent projector rebuild is now fitted with the CT6215 High Speed scanners. It's amazing how much difference these scanners make. With the DT40's I used to have I used to get some flicker on the SMS messages as they scrolled, but with the new CT6215's the image is absolutely rock solid with perfect crisp edges to the text and no discernable flicker at all.

As an added bonus the scan angle is masssive , I was firing text across the venue and had to reduce the scan angle to 10% to get it to fit on the wall at the far side.

I realise the 6215's are in a different ball park to the DT40's and it's not a fair comparison when you compare the cost, but you *really* can tell the difference .

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

The 6215's are certainly better scanners, but with regard to the reduced flicker, surely this was because you were running them at 60Kpps, right? (Which is not possible with DT-40's)

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    The 6215's are certainly better scanners, but with regard to the reduced flicker, surely this was because you were running them at 60Kpps, right? (Which is not possible with DT-40's)

Adam
    Err... Haven't a clue about the scanrate , I just opened IMU and LivePRO and scanned some text

Perhaps I just got lucky with the scanrate

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Ah, My Friend Flicka.
    Isn't that odd how the longer you do this stuff the price tag evolves proportionately to your growing exquisite taste for crispy scanning?
    -Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails flicka.jpg  

Love dem 6215's..

I spent hours doing a logo and testing it with my "local" laser using the DT40's... I was about to give up and decided to run it on my CT6215's... I was trying to fix a logo that simply didn't need any fixing at all.
    There is no comparison and to be fair one should not compare the two.
    Like comparing a top line BMW with a Skoda.

I have had a great run out of my sets of DT40-Pros and will continue to use them. But for that razor sharp unbelievably clean graphic there is simply no substitute in my book (and of course my bank managers book, there has to be a down side to this of course).

Ray
    NZ

OK -

So it looks like I need a 2nd QM2000, AND a set of CT6215's.
    Damn......

Come on, winning lottery ticket!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    OK -

So it looks like I need a 2nd QM2000, AND a set of CT6215's.
    Damn......

Come on, winning lottery ticket!!
    2 x QM's and only ONE set of CT6215h's , surely you'll need TWO sets of CT's

Seriously though, these things are really the mutt's nuts

Jem

You really can't compair the DT-40's to the 6215's. The 6215's are indeed the best money can buy. The DT-40's compete with the 6800's. To compete with the 6215's, you'd need a set of DT-50's or DT-60's... Too bad they don't exist, yet.