Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Pangolin overpriced?

I am curious about something. I know that Pangolin has different levels of the QM2000. If you buy a top level version and a low level version. Can you use the low level hardware with the top level software and vice versa? How is that controlled? Also, what is QM2000 and what is LD2000? I find this all interesting, although it really doesn't affect me.

Lightbulb

Yes, you can have a pro card and an intro card and as long as they are synched on the network you will be using the pro software. I have a basic card and Matt has a pro card; at SELEM when I had us networked together I had access to all the pro features, not that it mattered as we were only playing shows back. I have no idea how that is controlled.

The QM2000 is the "Quad Mod" board and is hardware.
    LD2000, Laser Design 2000, is the content creation software. ST2000, Show Time 2000, is the show creation software for producing shows. LivePro is the real time show software.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    I am curious about something. I know that Pangolin has different levels of the QM2000. If you buy a top level version and a low level version. Can you use the low level hardware with the top level software and vice versa? How is that controlled? Also, what is QM2000 and what is LD2000? I find this all interesting, although it really doesn't affect me.
    Basically, the LD2000 (frame creation software) and ST2000 (Timeline show creation software) is all the same. If you have an intro card, the software you have is the same as the pro software. The QM2K PCI card, they are all the same. The only difference is that the cards are serialized and are programmed to know that they are either a pro, basic or intro card. When the software loads, it looks to see if you have a QM2K card install in the system or on the network, if it sees a card, it checks to see what level of software features to load, pro, basic or intro based on what the QM2K says it is. There is something else in there called ah la carte features, I *think* the way this works is by comparing the serial number of the card with a database within the software to enable certain features. Such as, pro level abstracts on an intro card.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    There is something else in there called ah la carte features, I *think* the way this works is by comparing the serial number of the card with a database within the software to enable certain features. Such as, pro level abstracts on an intro card.
    I am 99% sure this is how these features work, pangolin did some 4.x update a while back that nuked my a-la-carte features... Had to downgrade until bill released another update that fixed my a-la-carte stuff...