Thread: FB3 Differential board

Default FB3 Differential board

Hi Guys,

im looking for an circuit schematic for the FB3 Differential Board (for self-soldering purposes) :-)

I live in Germany, so its to expensive to order one from Bill

Can someone help me? Bill said that its just a simple op-amp circuit, which needed for that.

Thanks

Best regards,
    frank

Buenos Aires, Argentina / Ft Lauderdale FL / Utrecht, The Netherlands :-)

Laser Warning

Why is it expensive to order from Bill? Did you already ask him???
    The diff board is so small it easily fits in a padded envelope with minimal postage... And the cost of the board is most likely also low... So why bother???

I have one diff board for sale!
    18euros incl regular shipping wo/tracking
    add 10euros with tracking no.

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

Thread can be marked as done :-)

Bought one from cruch.

Thx!
    Last edited by icelase; 07-13-2009 at 23:47.

I also have a diff board somewhere, but I live in AU so cheaper from Cruch

How can I see if I already have a diff board on my FB3 or not? I have a standard version FB3-SE (not FB3-XE), so I think I have single-ended only, but not sure...

And when we speak of differential, does this mean for both the scanners and the color inputs and outputs?

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    How can I see if I already have a diff board on my FB3 or not? I have a standard version FB3-SE (not FB3-XE), so I think I have single-ended only, but not sure...

And when we speak of differential, does this mean for both the scanners and the color inputs and outputs?

My FB3 is external housed, so im using an ILDA Cable to connect the Projector.

In the Projector, there is a ILDA Adapter which looks that the signal is always differential. (To the Galvo Driver)

So, if you put an FB3 without the Differential Board on the Cable, the Adapter get single-ended signals.

-> The max. X/Y Angle is at 50% instead of 100%

The Color Input should not be affected, it is 0-5V on the most projectors. (Single Ended)

The differential board looks like this:

The little board ontop.

Having single ended signals is not bad, infact it's good. The differential board makes your scanners scan WIDE (very, very wide), so unless you have some galvo's that can scan extremely wide it's not really needed, and could blow your scanners
    Last edited by Things; 07-14-2009 at 02:50.

From Bill @ Pangolin:
    First, the intensity output probably is TTL only. The Intensity output is really made as an adjunct to the normal color lines, for things like PCAOMs. If you have only a single color laser, we would always recommend using a real color line to control it. For years -- since the Amiga days, following on through the LD/QM32 days, we recommended people simply use the "red" output. For LD2000, you can use literally any line since the color system is more train-able. For the FB3, we would recommend using the red output, and then telling the software (in projector settings) that you have only a single color laser.

There is a differential board available. It's the size of a postage stamp. The FB3-XE (external edition) already has this integrated, but the FB3-SE (board-level "secure edition") may or may not have it. Basically, you have to tell us you want it at the time you order, or purchase one later on.

But in any case and every case, it is only the X and Y which are differential. Color signals are not and so this would not affect your Intensity output in any case.
    The differential board essentially has only one "male" connector. You plug that connector onto the normal ILDA output on the FB3. Then you will see two pins. Those two pins will fit over two capacitors. You must solder the pins to the capacitors. That's how the differential board gets it's power.

The other connector on the differential board is a "female" connector, and that's where you get your ILDA output with differential signaling.

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

Thanks for the info guys!

Well, I didn't have a diff board... And I think it can be usefull for my scanners, because they are capable of 90° scan angle And if I remember, I noticed a decrease in the scan angle when I installed the FB3. And it will certainly be more immune to interferences.

Anyone can sell me one? Things, do you still have yours?