Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: My new homebuilt 1.5W projector

Heya all

I've had my first problem, my dongle is playing up, you need to push the ILDA cable sideways to get the laser to work. If you don't the Y-galvo makes unhappy noises. So i either send it back to Laserworld and pay 210 euros to get the dongle there and back. Or i rip the warrenty void sticker off and put it in the pile with the other 'warrenty void if removed' stickers ive got and commit some radical surgery.

Here's two shots of top views and a video i did before it started playing up, the camera i used didn't pick up the red so you ca'nt see the red, purple, yellow and white...no justice....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY09OBL_vTY

Last edited by Kiwi Tinker; 08-04-2009 at 00:22.

Crap, I thought our projector was tight (especially now with the beastacular 25mm dichros!), but yours is at a whole new level. Makes setting and positioning easy though... just working on em is a bitch!

Nice stuff though mate.. keep it kiwi L

Thumbs up

That actually gives my Kvant a run for its money as one of the smallest RGB projectors. And it is rated for higher power.

So fire that beast up for a photo session.

.................................................. ................Beam
    .................................................. ..................^

Nice show. One you programmed or one supplied?

Can't you just contact Laserworld with a video of the problem and ask them to send you the part? They have supplied parts to people on here before.

Heya White light.

I used the live show editor function on laserworld 2009 showeditor.

I'm totally bummed that the reds didn't come out on the video.

Yeah, i'll e-mail them and see what they say. This is the part where there's a problem living on the other side of the planet. I naturally except zero back from Europe. If i buy anything over net from Europe i just expect that i'll have to fix it if it does'nt work. I don't know what i'm going to do if my sub-atomic particle accelarator stops working.

I have in the past contacted laserworld about a problem i had with their software and was truely impressed with the speed of responce i think it was less then 36 hours and their solution sovled my problem. So yeah, i'll e-mail before going in.

Heya Allthatwhichis

Could you please describe what you want to see pictures of?

Cheers

Tinker

Lightbulb

The beams inside; pictures of the inside of the projector while it is turned on.

Heya All

I've had a good think about what to do about the dongle. The fact of the matter is i have absolutly zero faith in Laserworld do to anything other then claim the product was mis-used by me and that they are refusing to repair. Which means i'd have to pay 170 euros to get it sent back plus the 40 euros to get it there, And still be in the same position i am now. At least if i push the plug sideways i can use it till i can afford to buy the HE-laserscan software, which is what i would of brought from the start if i'd known better.

No-one uses laserworlds software, there's no forum, and no user group. Plus there's no free updated shows. You have to pay any new shows. Buying their software is like removing the wheels from your car and replacing them with rubberised squares.

The HE-laserscan web site is in german but there's heaps of free shows and i'm sure over time more people that speak english will join.

If the dongle totally fails i'll cut the plug off it and soldier straight to the board rambo styles.

Cheers

Tinker

Heya All

I had another look at it and i just ca'nt see anything wrong with it, but it's getting worse. The way it's constructed i doubt very much i could remove the old plug and re fit a plug or cables to a remote plug without damaging the board. So back to the plan to send it back to Europe. Drats and double drats....

Hi Tinker

Don't get angry too much....

Me too am a Showeditor2009 user and I well know what its limits and defects are...
    Most important thing is: to learn to live toghether it

Be happy!
    Here is a little gift for you

Greetings from antpodes...
    Steve
    Attached Files Attached Files
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

Heya Steve

Thanks for the show, i'll be sure to check it out when my dongle comes back.
    Maybe then i'll be able to return you one.

Cheers

Tinker