Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: My new homebuilt 1.5W projector

Fair enough.. it just hurts my insides to hear talk like he's jiving on about. You know, like watching someone get kicked in the nuts over and over. It's enough to make people wonder why they keep ignoring the obvious.

I think Kiwi is a comedian of the highest order and you lot are missing the joke... :P

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Das why dey inventid smilies !!

So... Robert... any replies from S**TWORLD?

I know... it's like sliding down a really long pane of shattered glass and falling into a tub of alcohol... it hurts like a bitch, and I hate to be adding to the pain, but it hurts more if you don't learn it early...

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

Heya All

I've had a think about the dongle and i don't think i really treated it with the respect it deserved, i just kept it in the same brief case that my laptop was in. Not even in a bag. If something fell in one of the 25 holes the ILDA plug goes into it would get pushed in and posibly create havoc, I certainly don't remember doing anything untoward to it, but i don't remember my 20th birthday either, but i'm sure it did happen. With out further investigation i'll never know one way or the other

So I've decided to take their offer of renewing it for 150 euros. I'm going to make a case for it so that the plug and the dongle is supported against laterial forces when it's pluged in, as there's quite abit of leverage available.

here's the last e-mails i received from lasers world since i posted.

Re: Warrenty claims‏
    From: Martin Werner - Laserworld (mw@laserworld.com) Sent: Thursday, 13 August 2009 7:44:07 p.m. To: Robert

thanks for your email.

In fact, you are of course right - there is a general warranty for one year on all components.

However, consumable goods are not covered by any warranty by law, therefore, it is not necessary to mark this separately in the general terms and conditions as well as it would be legally not possible to leave a notice unter point 7 (limited warranty).
    I'm sure you are familiar that light sources - part of consumable goods - are also not covered elsewhere.

Therefore, we provide a free service period for 3-6 months as within this period, it might be possible that the reason is in the material and not up to the use of the laser by the customer. In this case, we supply exchange free of charge.

I checked our system and I can see the laser is a bit older than 6 months, but we will replace it free of charge.

In terms of the USB box, I'm sorry to inform you this is SMD manufactured and the USB connector is broken. There are several reasons how this could happen, f.e. by bending the cable. Warranty covers faults which relay to a manufacturing problem. We can state that this is not the case here, therefore, Jennifer offered you a replacement Master USB with new software licence for 150 Euro only.

Please let me know if this is acceptable for you as the issue with the DPSS is solved free of any costs. Then, we can proceed and ship the new components back to you.
    Cheers

Robert

At this point, I'd be looking to put my hard earned 150 euros into an FB3....

Does show what leaning on them a little can get you though - but why you should have to is beyond me!

If you get the old dongle back I will take a look at it for you.
    To be honest if they are charging you $150 for the dongle they aren't doing you any favours, after all the cost of it will only be a few $ to them, I'm sure it can be matched to the licence you already have.

Jim

for sure, a broken USB connector is easy to resolder or replace for someone who has the skill

I can't help but think this is horse shit. How can a loose usb connector cause a problem with just one axis of the galvos?
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Heya Doc

I'm just an unemployed trolley boy, who has no formal qualifications. I never disassembled the dongle to the point where i could say anything with certainty.

All I can be sure of is that it had intermittent fault that stopped pervented the y-galvo from working.

To say anything other than that would be would be nothing more then unconfirmed conjecture and hearsay. And i'm better than that.

I don't know what happen to either the dongle or the diode but i'm prepared to except their opion. If i was'nt, i would involve independant people to get to the bottom of it.

They have offered a 75 euro charge on the freight to return the item which seem resonable compared to what i payed to ship them there. They have also offered to ship me anything i buy free of shipping changes if it's shipped in the return. So i intend to buy another set of 45k-50k galvos off them.

cheers

Robert