Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laser-wave.co.uk (stanwax)

Default Laser-wave.co.uk (stanwax)

Well, what can I say, he's bent over backwards to assist.

I ordered a 300mW 532nm Laserwave head (doing over 400mW) and set of DT25's. There was a problem with the first set of scanners which he identified before sending them to me, so got another set ordered. Communication was good throughout and he's kept me supplied with small additional trinkets above and beyond the call of duty in the meantime!

And to top it all, the laser and scanners looks lovely!

Thoroughly recommended

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Well, what can I say, he's bent over backwards to assist.
    Why do I keep hearing about Rob bending over ?? seems to be a common theme around here!

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    I ordered a 300mW 532nm Laserwave head (doing over 400mW) and set of DT25's. There was a problem with the first set of scanners which he identified before sending them to me, so got another set ordered. Communication was good throughout and he's kept me supplied with small additional trinkets above and beyond the call of duty in the meantime!

And to top it all, the laser and scanners looks lovely!

Thoroughly recommended
    But Seriously! - I completely agree, I've bought optics from Rob and could not be happier, I even bought duplicate parts in a frenzy one night and Rob put the order on hold whilst he checked with me if thats what I wanted, did not charge ahead and just bill my card.

Top bloke, highly recommended - hope to meet him face to face someday.. (and show him the dodgey modulation on my 800mW 532nm)

Cheers!

Nigel.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Quote Originally Posted by gashead View Post
    .... hope to meet him face to face someday..
    That's the best way.
    Just don't turn your back .........

Rob is truly a TOP, TOP bloke!!!
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Rob is TERRIBLE!!!

when I was in the U.K. he FORCED me to drool over his SP168 White Light!!! he FORCED me to want to spend MORE money on a yellow laser. and he FORCED me to be OVERLY exposed to SERIOUS amounts coherent photons in his garage with fellow PL members!!

on top of ALL OF THAT, the man gave me an ICE-COLD beer (which is next to impossible in England!), then he offered me a cup of tea later on!!! AND THEN as I was leaving....he gave me a present to bring back to USA with me!

I mean COME ON folks! this guy is just a con-man!!!!!!!!!

in all seriousness, rob is probably one of the best guys i have met in a while! You could do any sorts of business with this guy, $1 or $1,000,000 and expect the same lever of professionalism and integrity!

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

he FORCED me to want to spend MORE money on a yellow laser.
    Oh man, yellow has got to be my most favorite laser color. Just wish it wasn't so expensive! Stanwax, just curious, does that thing hold up to modulation well?

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Stanwax, just curious, does that thing hold up to modulation well?
    David - put it this way it noisy as hell when NOT being modulated!
    I just worked out a quick n dirty hack before the LEM to get it modulation (TTL) when the kit is rebuilt into a permanent housing (which I already have) I will look into analogue mod and getting it a bit better stabilised - though it wont surprise me if this is a tall order.
    But added to the 473nm its so fookin gorgeous that you really dont care about the noise. I just wish it would photograph well enough to convey its beauty!

As for the comments - thanks guys - its a pleasure dealing with you all. And Marc Im sorry I had to put you through such hell - come back soon

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    he FORCED me to want to spend MORE money
    Reminds me of a certain Python movie;

"but mother, you said you were raped"

"well..... at first......."
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Wink

I'm not so sure.
    I called in to see Rob yesterday and got:

• No Biccies
    • No cup of Tea
    • No ice cold beer.

Bugger all.
    (Well, apart from a Fixed projecor)

I guess it's just his Transatlantic friends that get the nice treatment ..........

Its probably because he can see that..... YOU DON'T NEED THEM
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!