Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Laser Investment Opportunity Advice Needed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pianoman View Post
    to 300 evil, I realize that this WOULD be frowned upon. But I am almost 100% positive that they are no longer under copyright. They are very old after all. If they are under copyright I will respect the law, no worries. If they aren't however. .. It would be a shame to not make copies. Since they don't make these tapes anymore, it would be a shame to prevent people that really want or need some of these Adat's for their system from having them. It's kind of like this, if there were only a few anchovies left in the whole world, and they were about to go extinct. I would keep the last few and not allow them to breed. Even though I know there are lots of people out there that would really miss the anchovies on their pizza, and that love them. A goofy analogy, but its all I could come up with on the spot. Do you see my take on the matter?
    My take on the matter is that the author may still be selling the show, ADAT format or not. I don't think it would be fair to take a profit or freely distribute without permission from the author. There are many shows I'd love to get my hands on for free but someone spent a lot of time and money creating them so they can feed and clothe their family.

As I said before, If you have permission, then everything is fine.

pianoman, I'm pretty sure I know who's material that is, if I'm right, yes it is copyright material.

I can't believe the 5.6W reading is accurate. If it was argon I would believe it, but on a mixed gas? I just helped install a colorpro that had a new tube put in it and it would only do 3.3W if set in light mode and cranked. That would be amazing if it did 5.6W, I think mixedgas needs to chime in here!

I agree with you completely, I would never want to steal from someone that has put work into something and owns it. I will of course make sure that, even if no longer under copyright, the author is OK with it. Scouts honor

The reason I said it's no longer under copyright is because, the rep, who also sold the original ADAT's was pretty sure that these in particular were no longer under copyright. But enough about that. Like I said I'm not one for stealing, I don't do that to people, the author will be notified before any copies are ever made.

Good for you!

Here's his email: info@firstlight-laser.com

Hey, I think it is an argon system. The rep was talking so fast I couldn't jot everything down. But he did say they replaced one of the tubes in 2005, If I recall correctly it was an argon tube. he just said that its output was really smoking at that time and was way above average.

Well, it's not an argon because in the photo you show a Lexel ColorPro laser. Which is a mixed gas system. Amazingly, if the laser is dead, your potential to make money in this is largely in the computer. If it has a QM2000 Pro card, you could resell it for thousands. Most of the rest of the stuff you'll probably get around 1K or less each. With or without the computer it's a steal, but that's where most of your profit might be. If the laser is good, I've seen a recent white light of about the same size and power go for 1.5K.

Lemme tell you boys something. There are only two small words keeping me from snagging this out from under Pianoman: Honesty and Integrity.

I've a pretty good idea where it's at - been there lots of times as a child and with my children. I'd bet next weeks paycheck on it if not for having to buy the meat for the BBQ.

No Pianoman, you do not have to worry. I'm just saying.......

Damn Dude, yer lucky man. I suppose that is the perks for volunteering.

Good job.

Nice find.

Hey once I buy it I'll tell you where I live, then you will know if your right for sure. I appreciate your honesty and integrity, thats very kind of you. I assure you I have worked very hard for them for a LONG time with no pay. Plus i'm basically poor, and I can't really afford the college I'm attending. 100% of these funds will go to paying my tuition. So please stand by your word and don't snatch this out from under me if you do know where it's located. I believe that someone up there is looking out for me. God only knows what I would do if this opportunity had risen. We are struggling financially right now. it sucks.
    Last edited by Pianoman; 08-04-2009 at 15:04.

Here's what the insides look like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  

2.jpg  

3.jpg  

who's system is this? It looks nice.