Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 525859606162

Thread: Laserscope Modification Just Finished!

Quote Originally Posted by prodjallen View Post
    To the "Fake analog modulation" I men't intensity control...
    Ah, I see - all we really need is an 'AllenBSTranslator', (with the optional 'NoFreakinClue' module..) - when you type "fake analog modulation", what you really mean is attenuation... When you type: "...RGB 5-60 Watts" and "40-80 Watts of 532 Green", what you really meant was 'Chauvet Pos55' (or whatever it is...) 10mW PhatBeam, a hacked-up KTP and (maybe) an on-its-last-leg SP 164, with NO Variance...

SO, since, now we can 'crack the crypto'...when you say (well, IMPLY...) you've got a 600 series Dye Laser, what you probably mean is a 'Test-tube with some strawberry jello and a Wicked Lazurz 4W IR/ 400mW 532 MeGaPoIntEr'...what's the Armenian term for 'oy vey'?...

Maybe you should make sense of what i'm saying, and use your common sense.
    Because a surgical-laser system is NOT to-be 'figured out' with guesswork and 'common sense' - it needs to be converted / used by someone with ACCURATE KNOWLEDGE - and such is only gained by learning from other experienced people - you've done nothing 'original' here - you've copied others 'RE'ing on the ALE and wired up a few dials and switches, so clearly, you have the 'capacity' to listen / learn, you just choose not-to, when it comes to the most IMPORTANT-aspects of this whole situation... which, if you were willing to LISTEN-to, you'd very likely have all that 'help' you need to make a kickin' system...and now you are going to attempt to rig a 600 series with your 'common sense' skills... ...arrgh, why do I bother trying to reason with a rock...

You should get off my case
    The minute you post your approved Variance # - or - show proof you've sold everything / take down the illegal Class IV offerings from your site / illegal-fx stock-photo-phishing... Done. 'Till then, if it takes 5 years, we ain't goin anywhere...
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 02-25-2010 at 11:05.
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney3K View Post
    That's how it's been done for ages with big CuBr and ion heads, and has some advantages like the ability to split the laser into several fibres (so you can run multiple projectors from 1 head)

Optical fibres have their catches and pitfalls, but I guess it's easier to rig up a set of galvos, (PC)AOM and fibre termination point instead of the full Scope. I wouldn't even want to try that with a Spectra 168!

the fiber thing has been done with laserscopes (by less than 5 people i would guess) but that is a whole another level of complexity. You should have seen the water cooled fiber launchers LFI (floyd) built...amazing...

He is asking questions on how to run a shutter...we would have to start another thread. "I just finished my fiber launchers for my laserscope, but i have a couple of questions"
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    the fiber thing has been done with laserscopes (by less than 5 people i would guess) but that is a whole another level of complexity. You should have seen the water cooled fiber launchers LFI (floyd) built...amazing...

He is asking questions on how to run a shutter...we would have to start another thread. "I just finished my fiber launchers for my laserscope, but i have a couple of questions"
    Water, water is for kids... I did it with liquid nitrogen....

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Talking

You should get off my case, cuz your NOT going to win...
    Buuaahahahahahaha!!! Ahahahahahaha!!! - look at the post number this is!! What are the ODDS??? It MUST be 'Karma' preparing to 'strike' - has to-be... Ahahahahaha!!! ..omg, that's just Too-funny....

...well, ok, it's not that funny , but I laughedMAO for a couple...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

No Proof Yet, Gimme 2 Weeks, I'll post the service manuals in pdf (have hard copy) for the 600/630 Series if I get some help with it... Mostly Asking for what the Dye (RHG6 or Coumarin [if possible with 532 @ pump]) & COT Molarities is needed to Solute (Glycol / Alcohols) & Alignment Techniques for a Dye, and What the realworld efficiency is on one of these Dye Cells / Jets with a CW (19w) or Pulsed Pump at 40w @ 532nm ?...
    Look Allen, time to inject some reality back into this thread.

- This isn't a competition in which you have to prove everything.

- This isn't a war you vs US although it may at times have seemed a little way.

- This is genuine concern for your audiences safety.

- You are messing with some of the very most dangerous types of lasers out there without a real clue as to how they work or a real clue how to handle them and set them up in a safe manner.

- You came here for advice and yet choose to ignore everything everyone tries to advise you on.

Just how exactly do you expect to:

a) Learn

b) Operate safely

c) Obtain further advice if you "know" better than the advice that was given to you?

It's time for a reality check mate.

You're heading down a very dangerous path that will result in prison if you get things wrong during a display.

You're not only putting your freedom at risk but your eye sight and the eye sight of everyone who attends your shows. Its time to start listening to what experienced members on here are saying as contrary to your beliefs, many of them are BIG professionals who do this for a living with lasers of the kind your are describing and have experience in doing shows of this type safely. On the variance side, do not forget that Marc at CT lasers variances every single laser he builds for a customer so he's not going to advise you do do things that aren't necessary. After all its no in his interest to make it any more complicated than it needs to be when he's doing several of these applications week in week out. Where you go from here is up to you Allen but if you want help, you need to start listening to those who know. No one is trying to spoil your party, just trying to keep it safe.

You can fly by the seat of your pants if you want to but this is the result: http://www.monstersandcritics.com/ne...le_1416818.php

The exact kind of "unforseen" incident that everyone is trying to stop you heading for with your tripod idea and the exact type of incident that will land you in prison.

As I said above, where you go from here is up to you. You can start listening and following advice or head down the above path, its your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
    Nobody is going to win.
    The CDRH can win