Page 1 of 62 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Laserscope Modification Just Finished!

Laser Warning Laserscope Modification Just Finished!

I just completed my laserscope 800 series conversion for show-use (junk'd onboard computer, built my own with interlocks, temp, current reading, and added ktp heater oven industries 5R7-350A [$80]), I had the stupid qswitch J801 wires connected backwards, so when i thought i turned on the qswitch i was loosing power... but then i figured out i had the pins 1-8 backwards 8-1 haha! Now my beast works like crazy!! and i dont have a power meter to test it , but its pretty damn bright! after 36amps you dont see much of an increase in power/wattage as you hit the top of the curve and max out... Now with all this out of the way, i think its time for other neat stuff to add, I know the original on-board computer had some way of measuring the beam output power of itself by some "detectors" etc I was curious if there is any way to make use of those detectors to make an in-line power meter to have a constant wattage readout as im playing with my current pot? or maybe the calpod into a power meter? and ideas anyone?

-Allen A aka DJ ALLEN
    www.allen.dj
    Los Angeles Area: "WE NEED A CALEM SOON!"

this thread is useless without pictures
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Laser Warning

Don't Worry, the pics will come soon... But its not a conversion like yours with everything split up, im keeping everything in one box, just with a servo motor to raise or lower the optical deck via telescoping pipes 2"-2.5" - running wires & hoses through it...

What??? Me Worry???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails alfred_e_neuman.jpg  

Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Doh, I only opened this post to look at the pictures.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Well if ol DJ allen is going to use it the same way he does with his other lasers in the 2 videos on his web page ...

http://www.allen.dj/

you certainly wont be looking at photos ever again Doc

they are certainly some scary slow singular beams hitting the audience ( please tell me you did not film this in LA )

ok .. im taking my Laser Police hat off now

good luck with the project

nice find karl...just another illegal show performed by another untrained operator trying to be the first in the US to blind someone...He will have a vag burner here real soon! Cant wait to read about his mishap in the news.

I understand this "kid's" dad owns some gas stations, go to one of his shows and maybe you will own one of daddy's gas stations
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Woaaaaaa.

Don't even think about firing that scope into the audience. You will blind somebody, or worse.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Default 40 to 80 watt 532 laser systems wow impressive

What We Have:
    • Event Production (Sound, Lighting, Lasers) • Whitelight RGB Laser Systems 5-60Watt • Tours, Concerts, Arenas, Festivals, Clubs, Block Parties • 40-80Watt Green (532nm) Laser Systems • Custom Aerial Laser Shows & Company Logo Graphics • JBL SRX Series Speakers (15" Tops and 18" Bass Bottoms) • Spectacular Laser Shows & Events • QSC & Crown Amplifiers (Powerlight, PLX2, iTech Series) • Choreographed Animated Lighting, Lasers, Video, Sound, Pyro • 125kw MQ-Power Generators With Cam-Locks • Special Effects for the Film, TV, & Motion Picture Industry in Hollywood & Universal Studios in California • DMX Controlled Moving Heads & Lighting (Highend, Diversitronics, Martin, Chauvet, American DJ, Elation) • Audio, Lighting, Laser, Pyro & Video Synchronization • Custom UV Canon Blacklights (1200Watt) & Strobes (5000w) • Stage & Public Events • Square Truss Grid (20-30ft by 20-30ft) • Large Corporate & Private Events • Custom Oddessy Road Case Products for All Equipment • Award & Fashion Shows • Moving Video Projection (DL2, DL3 - Like) • Staging • Fog, Haze, CO2, Dry-Ice, Pyro, Bubble Effects
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Even without audience scanning... doesn't this need FAA clearance to operate outdoors?

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.