Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: ILDA Compliant Projector Safety Board...

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    intensity not available currently - but these days who uses it? - I know this is not a reason to ditch it but.....if there is a demand I will put on a pair of pads so that a 2 pin connector can be added by the end user
    ME ! on my "445 only" satellites

Quote Originally Posted by kl79 View Post
    ME ! on my "445 only" satellites
    So do you use the Intensity channel to drive those instead of just the Blue channel?

Update:

I guess this makes sense if you're mixing RGBs and monos on a single DAC.
    Last edited by taggalucci; 06-07-2011 at 03:37. Reason: More thought...

The modular colour correction expandable per channel is brilliant (and could also drive costs down). The buffered inputs on the ilda board is something very desirable, too.

the only reason i suggest on board axis switches, is or tidier cabling, less solder points etc etc

We can forget the case fans control, it was just a silly thought. One can always use "smart" fans that carry their own sensors. i had many of these in some of my PCs, not hard to find at all
    "its called character briggs..."

So do you use the Intensity channel to drive those instead of just the Blue channel?
    I guess this is done so that he can run them off the same DAC as the RGB projectors and have them still display the full pattern rather than just the blue channel info.

In an ideal world you'd use a second DAC set up as a single colour projector, but its additional expense.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

that's it , I use it to have the full frame when this frame is multicolors.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Sometimes I read threads that really drive home the fact that about the only thing I really know about this hobby at this point is how to spend money....

Such electronics wizardry will probably never be in my wheelhouse.
    (But, I'll want at least one one of these magic boards when they're done!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Sometimes I read threads that really drive home the fact that about the only thing I really know about this hobby at this point is how to spend money....
    we are on the same boat. but don't worry, even by just spending, we help things move forward and new goodies are developed. it has something to do with the supply and demand thingy...
    "its called character briggs..."

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    I am currently working on a number of laser projector based electronic projects one of which will be ilda board 2.0
    There will be some new features and it will be made using smt. Its in development now but wont see light for a month or two, I will be producing a dedicated internal board as these have proven so popular though this will be an interim based on the original board at this stage. I will also shortly be making a panel available to allow easy retro fit of the panel mounted board to any projector. There will be 3 options - ilda board only with ilda in and remote, ilda in/out plus remote and finally ilda in/out, remote & axis switches.
    There are some other features that I will not divulge at this time - mainly because they may not make it into the final design or I have not yet come up with the best configuration. I need to make sure there are lots of features but keep the flexibility to allow different people to apply the board to differng designs.
    One thing that will be in is the ability to jumper up some connections allowing projectors using the boards to daisy chain and run back to a single e-stop down the ilda cable or by a single lead to the first remote in the chain. This is already possible and I have configured a number of customers systems this way with great success. There will be an addendum to the current instructions to detal this mod that will appear for download on my website by the start of next week.

Rob
    Any info on the 2.0 boards yet?